UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Observer mennsesc
Observer

simulation halts at "executing analysis and compilation step"

When I run my simulation it halts at the "executing analysis and compilation step".  That is it continues to run until I cancel the command.

The last report from the TCL console is

INFO: [USF-XSim-61] Executing 'COMPILE and ANALYZE' step in D:/Xilinx/M11/M11_No_mem/M11_No_mem.sim/sim_1/behav/xsim'
"xvlog --incr --relax -prj mcu_spoof_tb_vlog.prj"

It appears to be stuck in the xvlog execution.

How do I fix this?

This is a very small simulation, but it also fails on other simulations in the same manner.  I have run this on both Vivado 2017.4 and 2018.1 with the same result.

0 Kudos
6 Replies

Re: simulation halts at "executing analysis and compilation step"

Hi @mennsesc,

Which OS are you using with Vivado 2017.4 and 2018.1?

Can you please try running an example design simulation and check. 

If it is design specific issue then can you please share the test case to check this issue at our end.

Thanks & Regards,
Sravanthi B

Thanks & Regards,
Sravanthi B
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Observer mennsesc
Observer

Windows 10 Pro, 64 bit

0 Kudos

Hi @mennsesc,

Did you get a chance to try with the example designs?

Can you please share a test case which hangs at your end.

Thanks & Regards,

Sravanthi B

Thanks & Regards,
Sravanthi B
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
0 Kudos
Observer mennsesc
Observer

The simulation runs if I create a new project and only add the relevant files.  However the same simulation fails if It is run it from within the main project.  Note that I can successfully implement the main project and observe it using Lab tools.

It is not practical to send my main project.  However, since the simulation fails at:

INFO: [USF-XSim-61] Executing 'COMPILE and ANALYZE' step in 'D:/Xilinx/M11/M11_No_mem/M11_No_mem.sim/sim_1/behav/xsim'
"xvlog --incr --relax -prj mcu_spoof_tb_vlog.prj"

I have attached the data file (The extension was changed to .txt because the forum doesn't like the .prj extension)

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Newbie sumanth689

I ran into the same problem. Resetting behavioural simulation worked for me. You can do it using GUI or use "reset_simulation -simset sim_1 -mode behavioral" in the tcl console

Visitor utkuekinci
Visitor

The same problem happened to me and reseting the simulation (with the tcl command 'reset_simulation') works fine. Thanks ...