UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Explorer
Explorer

simulation in XPS. Cannot find <or_muxcy_f> in library <proc_common_v3_00_a>

Hello,

I have created a little system using XPS (Xilinx Platform Studio).

Then I want to simulate it, so I did the next:

1. select the menu "SIMULATION",

2. select the option "Generate simulation HDL Files"  .

... the XPS gives me this in the console

"...

Generating simulator helper scripts ...
                             Simulation Model Generator done!

Done! ":smileyhappy:

3. Then I select  "Launch HDL Simulator", but upsssssssssssssss,:mansad:

... the XPS gives me this in the console

"

VHDL file I:/Xilinx/12.3/ISE_DS/EDK/hw/XilinxProcessorIPLib/pcores/plb_v46_v1_05_a/hdl/vhdl/or_gate.vhd ignored due to errors

ERROR:HDLCompiler:104 - "I:/Xilinx/12.3/ISE_DS/EDK/hw/XilinxProcessorIPLib/pcores/plb_v46_v1_05_a/hdl/vhdl/or_gate.vhd" Line 180: Cannot find <or_muxcy_f> in library <proc_common_v3_00_a>. Please ensure that the library was compiled, and that a library and a use clause are present in the VHDL file.

ERROR:HDLCompiler:854 - "I:/Xilinx/12.3/ISE_DS/EDK/hw/XilinxProcessorIPLib/pcores/plb_v46_v1_05_a/hdl/vhdl/or_gate.vhd" Line 143: Unit <imp> ignored due to previous errors.
make: *** [sim] Error 1
Done!
"

Thanks in advance guys.

Regards,

DABG

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Observer parthasarathy
Observer

Re: simulation in XPS. Cannot find <or_muxcy_f> in library <proc_common_v3_00_a>

hello,

I have the same problem in XPS while simulating .

Cannot find <proc_common_pkg> in library <proc_common_v3_00_a>. Please ensure that the library was compiled, and that a library and a use clause are present in the VHDL file.

Did you get any solution to this problem..?? If yes please share it here. Thanks a lot.
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Visitor doerflinger
Visitor

Re: simulation in XPS. Cannot find <or_muxcy_f> in library <proc_common_v3_00_a>

Hello,

I got the same problem. Everything's ok with the library when synthesizing, but XPS can't find the library for simulation. Is there anything I can do?

Thanks for your help!

0 Kudos
Visitor doerflinger
Visitor

Hello,

I found a solution now. When creating a new core with the "Create and Import Peripheral Wizard", it is possible to set the analyze order of the HDLs. Packages need to be analyzed first. After generating the core, the order is correct in the project file in the folder "pcores". However, in the simulation project file (in the folder "simulation") the order is different. Changing the order by hand does the trick and simulation works.

0 Kudos