UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Explorer
Explorer

speed up pcie iinitialization

Hi,

i generated 2 PCIe cores, one pcie root complex and one endpoint, I connect them to build up a PCIe link.

then use my design to do simulation, my question is how long dose the PCIe initialization need(wait link_up=1), do we have any method to speed up the initialization to make the simulation time is acceptable.

BR
Xikun

0 Kudos
1 Reply

Re: speed up pcie iinitialization

Couple of suggestions:

1. Ensure that the PL_SIM_FAST_LINK_TRAINING parameter is set to TRUE in the PCIe top level wrapper file.

2. Select the "pipe simulation" in the GUI , it will bypass the GT simulation part and save some time 

another way is to open file   _pipe_wraper.v Set the two paremeters to true
parameter PCIE_SIM_MODE                 
parameter PCIE_SIM_SPEEDUP    

Regards,
Debraj
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos