UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Visitor phil_0031
Visitor

verilog vcdplusfile for VCD trace

Jump to solution

Hello 

My verilog testbench includes $vcdplusfile verilog keyword to specify the name of the vcd file read from command line argument (define testplusarg optionnal option for the simulator in project mode IDE configuration).

The elaboration phase fails with message error Undefined system task '$vcdplusfile'.

Command from the tcl console

Running: C:/Xilinx/Vivado/2018.2/bin/unwrapped/win64.o/xelab.exe -wto 802e51d0e3344121bca5287de4f8cc57 --incr --debug typical --relax --mt 2 -L xil_defaultlib -L unisims_ver -L unimacro_ver -L secureip --snapshot core_testbench_behav xil_defaultlib.core_testbench xil_defaultlib.glbl -log elaborate.log

core_testbench.v code

initial begin
    // Where to store VPD trace file.
    if($value$plusargs("vcd=%s", vcdplusfilename))
      $vcdplusfile(vcdplusfilename);

I do not understand seems that vcdplusfile keyword is not recognized ?

Do I miss something in elaboration option ?

Thanks for help

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: verilog vcdplusfile for VCD trace

Jump to solution

Hi @phil_0031,

To the best of my knowledge this is not supported in Vivado simulator.

It is included in the list of Verilog language support exceptions included in User Guide 900 Chapter G.

Best Regards
Aidan

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if this answered your question
Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and may help other users
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
1 Reply

Re: verilog vcdplusfile for VCD trace

Jump to solution

Hi @phil_0031,

To the best of my knowledge this is not supported in Vivado simulator.

It is included in the list of Verilog language support exceptions included in User Guide 900 Chapter G.

Best Regards
Aidan

Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if this answered your question
Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and may help other users
0 Kudos