Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lizhang86
Participant
Participant

vivado 2018.3 failed to find correct simulator executables

Jump to solution

Hello,

When I run launch_simulation cmd in tcl console. 

INFO: [USF-ModelSim-47] Finding simulator installation...
INFO: [USF-ModelSim-49] Using simulator executables from 'C:\modelsim_dlx_10.1d\win32pe'

I have a newer version of modelsim 10.6c but vivado insist on finding the old one  ¯\_( ' ~ ' )_/¯ 

Vivado uses a different version of modelsim executable than the one I compiled the library with( modelsim de_10.6c).  I have both versions of modelsim installed.  In vivado 2015, you can specifiy the modelsim install path which is shown in this post in the forum.  How do I specify the modelsim install path in 2018.3?  

Thanks,

Lee

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
bandi

Hi @lizhang86 ,

After setting the install path to correct simulator were you able to launch simulation successfully?

If this issue got solved then can you please close this thread by marking your post with answer as accepted solution.

Thanks & Regards,
Sravanthi B
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
lizhang86
Participant
Participant

To answer my own question, found the setting in Tools -> Settings -> 3rd Party Simulators tab... 

Should have looked around more before asking on the forum.

Capture.JPG

Li

0 Kudos
bandi

Hi @lizhang86 ,

After setting the install path to correct simulator were you able to launch simulation successfully?

If this issue got solved then can you please close this thread by marking your post with answer as accepted solution.

Thanks & Regards,
Sravanthi B
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos