cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

vivado 2018.3 simulator crash

Jump to solution

In vivado 2018.3, I'm taking a core dump when launching simulation (windows 10, 64-bit).  It worked fine before restarting my pc.  Vivado just closes.  hs_err_pid6068.log says:

#
# An unexpected error has occurred (EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION)
#
Stack:
no stack trace available, please use hs_err_<pid>.dmp instead.

hs_err_pid6068.dmp is attached.  Any help would be appreciated.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: vivado 2018.3 simulator crash

Jump to solution

Hi cpawlowski@planetiq.com ,

It seems to be a corrupt project issue to me as I have executed reset_project command from the Vivado TCL console and then running simulation launched simulation without any crash.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Highlighted

Jump to solution

Hi cpawlowski@planetiq.com 

Can you please share the archived project or the test case to reproduce this issue at our end.

Also, please try running simulation on an example design and check. This will help us to narrow down if the issue is project specific or not.

Thanks & Regards,
Sravanthi B
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Highlighted

Jump to solution

I can't post the archive project on an open forum, but I can send it directly to a contact at Xilinx.  Please let me know who to send it to.

Other notes... the design still synthesizes & implements without issue.  Example designs (and other projects) simulate without issue, so I think the installation is not corrupted.

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Jump to solution

I had sent you an EZMove package where you can upload your project there and send it back to me. We will look into it and will get back to you once we find the root cause of this crash.

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Jump to solution

It seems to be a corrupt project issue to me as I have executed reset_project command from the Vivado TCL console and then running simulation launched simulation without any crash.

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Jump to solution

That did the trick... thank you!

0 Kudos