UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

vopt switch

I'm running Vivado 2017.4 with QuestaSim 10.6a. When I export simulation, the elaborate.do file has the -64 switch on the vopt command. Is there a way to disable that? QuestaSim complains about it and I would rather not edit the generated files if I can avoid it.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

回复: vopt switch

What message did you receive from Questasim regarding the -64 switch?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.
0 Kudos

The error is 

** Error: (vsim-3816) Optimized design "isb_tb_opt" cannot be used by this version of the simulator - it was only compiled for a 64-bit version of vsim

my vsim command is: vsim -t 1ps -lib xil_defaultlib isb_tb_opt

if I add the -64 switch to it as follows: vsim -64 -t 1ps -lib xil_defaultlib isb_tb_opt

I get the following warning before the error mentioned above

** Warning: (vsim-159) Mode option -64 is not supported in this context and will be ignored.

0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Generally, for 64-bit modelsim toolset, the commands should work fine (vopt -64 and then vsim). 

This error indicates the optimized design failed one of several version checks. 

What if you edit the script and remove the -64 switch?

Don't forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.
0 Kudos

Thank you for the reply. It works when I edit out the -64 switch. I can run the *.sh script the export simulate command generates; without modification; with no issue. I want to run the vsim command from the GUI in questa which is proving bothersome. If I can have vivado export the sim scripts without the -64 switch, it will make my life easier. I unable to edit the tcl command in the export sim dialog box in the GUI, where I could add the -32 switch. I am going to try to do the sim export purely in TCL, but if there was a GUI option that I could set, it would be more convenient. Again, I appreciate your help.

0 Kudos