UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Voyager
Voyager

what are the equivalent vivado synth tcl command for -y and +incdir option of vlog(Mentor Questa) ?

Jump to solution

Hi Friends, 

I am using Non-Project mode.   I will get  the RTL file list that is compatible to Mentor Graphics Questa(vlog and vsim cmds).   I am remodifying the RTL file list to vivado synthesis compatible. 

In the given file list i have seen many -y and +incdir options are there for , 

-y for searching files with mentioned extention (in the files list itself added the file extention as *v , *sv etc)

+incdir+ for searching for include files 

1) What tcl commands we have to use for satisfying the above functionalities ?

Any help or suggestion is highly appreciated. 

-Sam

what are the equivalent vivado tcl command for -y and +incdir option of vlog(Mentor Questa) ?

-Sampath
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: what are the equivalent vivado tcl command for -y and +incdir option of vlog(Mentor Questa) ?

Jump to solution

synth_design has an option  -include_dirs which specifies the directories to search for Verilog `include files.

There's no equivalent -y option. You need to read all required source files via read_verilog prior to synth_design in non-project mode.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies

Re: what are the equivalent vivado tcl command for -y and +incdir option of vlog(Mentor Questa) ?

Jump to solution

HI @ssampath ,

We need to use the -y and +incdir with the vlog command. (Ex:- vlog -y <path> +incdir <path>)

You can use the same command as shown in the above example in your script if you are using Questasim.

Are you looking for the replacement of the above switches in Vivado XSIM ?

0 Kudos
Voyager
Voyager

Jump to solution

Thanks you @shameera , 

No, I am modifying the RTL file list for vivado synthesis not for simulation. I want vivado synth commands which are equivalent to vlog -y and vlog +incdir.

-Sam

-Sampath
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Jump to solution

synth_design has an option  -include_dirs which specifies the directories to search for Verilog `include files.

There's no equivalent -y option. You need to read all required source files via read_verilog prior to synth_design in non-project mode.

Don't forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Voyager
Voyager

Jump to solution

HI @graces ,

you are correct there is equivalent command, but we can do it in the following way,

we can use tcl foreach

foreach file [glob read_verilog -sv /RTL/../arm-download-3200949/TM100-BU-50000-r3p2-50rel1/coresight_soc/shared/logical/cxctm/verilog//*v] {
read_verilog $file
}

-Sampath

-Sampath
0 Kudos