UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Visitor savioz
Visitor

why Simulation shut down unexpectedly during initialization ?

Here is the message when I start ISIM ( Release version : 12.3, application version ; M70cl)

"Delay_isim_beh.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience."

Project Navigator Console display:

Launching ISim simulation engine GUI...
"C:/Xilinx/XPROJECTS/Delay/Delay_isim_beh.exe" -gui -tclbatch isim.cmd  -wdb "C:/Xilinx/XPROJECTS/Delay/Delay_isim_beh.wdb"
ISim simulation engine GUI launched successfully

Process "Simulate Behavioral Model" completed successfully

ISIM console display:

ISim M.70d (signature 0x36e8438f)

ERROR: The simulation failed to launch for the following reason:

The Simulation shut down unexpectedly during initialization. Please review the ISim log (isim.log) for details.

Please shut down ISim and retry the simulation. If the problem persists, please contact Xilinx support.

Time resolution is 1 fs

No active Database

Unable to execute live simulation command.

The simulation has terminated.

ISim>

ISim log file:

Running: C:\Xilinx\XPROJECTS\Delay\Delay_isim_beh.exe -gui -tclbatch isim.cmd -wdb C:/Xilinx/XPROJECTS/Delay/Delay_isim_beh.wdb

ISim M.70d (signature 0x36e8438f)

Time resolution is 1 fs

# onerror resume

# wave add /

No active Database

# run 1000 ns

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
6 Replies
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: why Simulation shut down unexpectedly during initialization ?

Maybe it's one CR of ISim. You can try it on another OS or file one webcase for further support.

Regards,
brucey
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Visitor mandonov
Visitor

I got the same problem with version 13.2  Has anone ever seen this error with version 13.2.  The isim log says the same thing as below.  I only get this error when I run any of these three simulations: Post-Translate or Post-Map or Post-Route simulation.  If I run Behavioral simulation, it works.  In a simpler project with less going on, all 4 possibilities work.

ISim O.61xd (signature 0x6dd86d03)

This is a Full version of ISim.

ERROR: The simulation failed to launch for the following reason:

The Simulation shut down unexpectedly during initialization. Please review the ISim log (isim.log) for details.

Please shut down ISim and retry the simulation. If the problem persists, please contact Xilinx support.

Time resolution is 1 fs

No active Database

The simulation has terminated.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

It might be a signal tracing issue. My suggestion would be trying 13.3 or logging less signals to waveform.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Visitor mandonov
Visitor

Thanks for the reply about it being possbly too any signals.  I see another thread on the same topic with a lot more informantion and suggestions on the solution.  The Xilinx thread is:

http://forums.xilinx.com/t5/Simulation-and-Verification/ISIM-terminated-in-an-unexpected-manne/td-p/92998

0 Kudos

ISim uses sockets for inter-process communication during simulation. In some cases, firewalls, other programs using cosckets, or other TCP/IP issues can cause these types of failures.

Try again with your firewalls turned off, and TCP/IP port filtering turned off, and see if that will work.

Sometimes the program dependency walker can be used to isolate the conflicting protocols. Here is the link to the website of that program:

http://www.dependencywalker.com/

OK, hope this helps ...

0 Kudos
Newbie plosada

I had the same problem this morning, but in my case I think it was caused by using long a path for the ISE project along with long function and data object names. Concretely, the project with which I was working was placed inside

C:\projects\XXXXXXXXXX_XXXXXX_XXXXXXX\PROXECTOS\MDF_xil

(I prefer to omit the name of the project, but the actual length is the same) and I realized that every time I called the following  VHDL function

WR_STD_LOGIC_VECTOR(f_filt_in_r, TREE_FILT_INPUT_real(TREE_FILT_OUTPUT_WIDTH - 1 downto 0));

-where f_filt_in_r and TREE_FILT_INPUT_real are data objects and TREE_FILT_OUTPUT_WIDTH is a constant- the problem arose. Nevertheless, it was solved simply shorting the name of the constant, for example like this:

WR_STD_LOGIC_VECTOR(f_filt_in_r, TREE_FILT_INPUT_real(X - 1 downto 0));

I hope this helps someone. Moreover, I would appreciate if any ISIM developer clarified wheter there is some restriction regarding directory and data objects length when simulating HDL designs (at least I have not found yet any restriction concerning this on official documentation).

Cheers.

Tags (1)