UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Newbie mguardiani

xelab : use 64-bit version while running under Win 8.1 64-bit

Jump to solution

Vivado 2014.1 Web Edition

While running under Win 8.1 (64-bit) with 8GB of physical memory, I receive the following error while trying to simulate a design:

ERROR: [XSIM 43-4177] This design requires more memory than a 32-bit operating system can support. Please use 64-bit version of the software.

The shortcut used to invoke Vivado:

C:\Xilinx\Vivado\2014.1\bin\unwrapped\win64.o\vvgl.exe C:\Xilinx\Vivado\2014.1\bin\vivado.bat

This looks like it is trying to run the 64-bit version. How do I ensure I am running the 64-bit version?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: xelab : use 64-bit version while running under Win 8.1 64-bit

Jump to solution

Hi,

In Vivado IDE, go to Help --> About Vivado. If you are using 64 bit version it will be mentioned like below

Capture_viv.JPG

Thanks,

Deepika.

Thanks,
Deepika.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Google your question before posting. If someone's post answers your question, mark the post as answer with "Accept as solution". If you see a particularly good and informative post, consider giving it Kudos (the star on the left)

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Jump to solution

Hi,

In Vivado IDE, go to Help --> About Vivado. If you are using 64 bit version it will be mentioned like below

Capture_viv.JPG

Thanks,

Deepika.

Thanks,
Deepika.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Google your question before posting. If someone's post answers your question, mark the post as answer with "Accept as solution". If you see a particularly good and informative post, consider giving it Kudos (the star on the left)

View solution in original post

0 Kudos

Jump to solution
If in case you are using a 64-bit Vivado and still seeing the error, then please post your so that it can be examined.
Regards,
Debraj
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Newbie mguardiani

Jump to solution
Problem solved. It's a simulator bug. Yes, it is a bug. Even if you argue that I used illegal syntax, the simulator should not: * Run out of memory just because of bad syntax. * Tell me that I need to run the 64-bit version when, in fact, I am running the 64-bit version. The problem is caused by using concatenated vectors (in VHDL) connected to input ports when a component is instantiated. (I did receive a warning about this; but just a warning.) For example... inst : mycomponent port map ( ... invector16 => vectorb8 & vectora8, invector32 => vectord8 & vectorc8 & vectorb8 & vectora8, ... ); By creating new vectors, the problem was solved and the simulator ran uneventfully... catvect16 <= vectorb8 & vectora8; catvect32 <= vectord8 & vectorc8 & vectorb8 & vectora8; inst : mycomponent port map ( ... invector16 => catvect16, invector32 => catvect32, ... );
0 Kudos
Explorer
Explorer

Jump to solution

Hi

I use 64-bit vivado & 64-bit ubuntu 14.04.  But I get this error

ERROR: [XSIM 43-4177] This design requires more memory than a 32-bit operating system can support. Please use 64-bit version of the software.

Jothi

0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Jump to solution
Hello Jothi,

How did you confirm that you are using 64-bit?
Also how much RAM you have on the machine?

Thanks,
Vinay
Have you tried typing your question in Google? If not you should before posting. Also, MARK this is as an answer in case it helped resolve your query/issue.Give kudos to the post that helped you to find the solution.
0 Kudos