UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Adventurer
Adventurer

xsim crashes

Jump to solution

Hi,

I am running a timing simulation on a design and the simulator (XSIM) crashes after running XELAB, pointing to line 66 of FDCE model in unisims.  RTL simulation passes, without any issues.

Below is the extract of the error messages:

FATAL_ERROR: Vivado Simulator kernel has discovered an exceptional condition from which it cannot recover. Process will terminate. For technical support on this issue, please open a WebCase with this project attached at http://www.xilinx.com/support.

Time: 0 ps Iteration: 1 Process: /top_TB/inst_1/inst_2/inst_3_core/inst_4/Forked39_545408

File: /usr/pack/xilinx-vivado-2017.2-kl/Vivado/2017.2/data/verilog/src/unisims/FDCE.v

HDL Line: /usr/pack/xilinx-vivado-2017.2-kl/Vivado/2017.2/data/verilog/src/unisims/FDCE.v:66

Tool: Vivado 2017.2

Platform :  Both Windows 10 and Linux

Device : Zync UltraScale +

Is there a way to resolve or work around this.

Thanks

Ravi

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: xsim crashes

Jump to solution

Hi @xilinxmax

>>I have to check if there is a way to generate the SAIF files using Cadence Simulators 

Refer to commands mentioned in page 43 of the below link:

https://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/sw_manuals/xilinx2017_4/ug900-vivado-logic-simulation.pdf

Hope this helps.

Regards

Rohit

Regards
Rohit
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos
3 Replies

Jump to solution

Hi @xilinxmax,

Can you please try running your design in latest version of Vivado 2017.4 and check. If you still observe the issue, then can you please share the testcase to reproduce this issue at our end and check.

Thanks & Regards,

Sravanthi B

Thanks & Regards,
Sravanthi B
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

0 Kudos
Adventurer
Adventurer

Jump to solution

Hi, 

I am not sure I can replicate the issue with a smaller testcase, and I can't provide the entire database due to company policies.

The intent of the timing simulation I am doing is to generate power report.  

Now that Vivado XSIM is crashing, I am using Cadence IES for simulation, for now.  But, by using IES, I can't generate SAIF file from simulation (open_saif, log_saif, etc, which are Vivado commands).

I have to check if there is a way to generate the SAIF files using Cadence Simulators 

Thanks

Ravi

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Hi @xilinxmax

>>I have to check if there is a way to generate the SAIF files using Cadence Simulators 

Refer to commands mentioned in page 43 of the below link:

https://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/sw_manuals/xilinx2017_4/ug900-vivado-logic-simulation.pdf

Hope this helps.

Regards

Rohit

Regards
Rohit

0 Kudos