UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Scholar dpaul24
Scholar

xsim support for VHDL2008 so as to use OSVVM/UVVM

In the new Vivado 2018.3, are all the features of VHDL2008 supported?

This is completely support for simulation.

As I have never used  OSVVM/UVVM so I do not have enough knowledge to look at the Xilinx docs and decide.

Is there a straightforward answer?

I want to use UVVM and having looked at their webpage https://bitvis.no/dev-tools/uvvm/ when you read the 'Supported simulators' section, it says "Vivado: Awaiting proper VHDL 2008 support".

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
FPGA enthusiast!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Scholar xilinxacct
Scholar

Re: xsim support for VHDL2008 so as to use OSVVM/UVVM

@dpaul24

As I understand it, the support for VHDL2008 is 'not' claimed to be complete, but is noted as a 'synthesizable subset'.

Hope that helps (even if disappointing :-)

If so, please mark as solution accepted to close the issue. Kudos also welcomed. :-)

0 Kudos
Scholar dpaul24
Scholar

Re: xsim support for VHDL2008 so as to use OSVVM/UVVM

@xilinxacct,

Was expecting someone from Xilinx to answer.

Yes,I guess as long as Xilinx is not asking for a fee to use xsim they will drag their feet on complete VHDL2008 support. It is more than 10 years now that VHDL2008 was released.

For OSVVM/UVVMusage, I think I will have to choose a different simulator.

FPGA enthusiast!
0 Kudos