cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Scholar
Scholar

xsim support for VHDL2008 so as to use OSVVM/UVVM

In the new Vivado 2018.3, are all the features of VHDL2008 supported?

This is completely support for simulation.

As I have never used  OSVVM/UVVM so I do not have enough knowledge to look at the Xilinx docs and decide.

Is there a straightforward answer?

I want to use UVVM and having looked at their webpage https://bitvis.no/dev-tools/uvvm/ when you read the 'Supported simulators' section, it says "Vivado: Awaiting proper VHDL 2008 support".

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
FPGA enthusiast!
All PMs will be ignored
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
Teacher
Teacher

Re: xsim support for VHDL2008 so as to use OSVVM/UVVM

@dpaul24

As I understand it, the support for VHDL2008 is 'not' claimed to be complete, but is noted as a 'synthesizable subset'.

Hope that helps (even if disappointing :-)

If so, please mark as solution accepted to close the issue. Kudos also welcomed. :-)

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Scholar
Scholar

Re: xsim support for VHDL2008 so as to use OSVVM/UVVM

@xilinxacct,

Was expecting someone from Xilinx to answer.

Yes,I guess as long as Xilinx is not asking for a fee to use xsim they will drag their feet on complete VHDL2008 support. It is more than 10 years now that VHDL2008 was released.

For OSVVM/UVVMusage, I think I will have to choose a different simulator.

FPGA enthusiast!
All PMs will be ignored
0 Kudos