UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Explorer
Explorer

Cache not flushed

Hello,

I have my MPMC memory being made cachaeble address in microblaze.The DDR is connected to MPMC cntroller.When I want  DDR memory being updated with values in cache, I flush it using microblaze_flush_dcache(). But the values are not updated. Any suggesion on this is welcome. Also I dont know which signals to debug in chipscope pro as source of microblaze_flush_dcache() is assembly code.Please also suggest on how can  debug this.

Thanks in advance.

With Regards

Shalini

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Participant pete_128
Participant

Re: Cache not flushed

A cache flush will need to write the flushed data on the AXI data cache bus. You can probably put chipscope on that, and you should see traffic on your flush if you know for sure that you have unflushed data.

One thing to double check is if your microblaze is configured for write-back cache. If it is write-through the data will already be there.

0 Kudos
Explorer
Explorer

Re: Cache not flushed

Hello,

Can someone post me a simple XPS project and SDK project with cache enabled and successfully flushed (more good if it comes with MPMC controller)

Thanks in advance

With Regards

Shalini

0 Kudos