UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Visitor buptodzy
Visitor

Can SYSTEMACE configure Spartan 3AN?

Jump to solution

Hi. I have tried to configure Spartan 3AN through the CF interface provided by SYSTEMACE, but it does not work once.But when I configure the Spartan 3AN through the TSTJTAG provided by SYSTEMACE, it works. And if I use the same schematic to configure Spartan 3 DSP through the CF interface, it works. Can someone tell me whether the SYSTEMACE can configure the Spartan 3AN through the CF interface? Thanks.

Message Edited by buptodzy on 03-23-2010 11:43 PM
Message Edited by buptodzy on 03-23-2010 11:44 PM
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: Can SYSTEMACE configure Spartan 3AN?

Jump to solution

There are two likely possibilities for a configuration failure.

1) The S-3AN device has the mode pins set to M[2:0] = 011 for Internal Master SPI mode instead of JTAG mode M[2:0]=101 

When PROGRAM is asserted (either from power, external input or as part of the ACE file) the device resets and attempts to configure from internal SPI memory.  This conflicts with data coming from SystemACE through JTAG and the device does not configure.

2) You did not create a correct ACE file and JTAG chain, the CompactFlash card isn't formatted correctly (FAT12 or FAT16), or the xilinx.sys file and directory structure is incorrect on the card.

------Have you tried typing your question into Google? If not you should before posting.
Too many results? Try adding site:www.xilinx.com

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Jump to solution

There are two likely possibilities for a configuration failure.

1) The S-3AN device has the mode pins set to M[2:0] = 011 for Internal Master SPI mode instead of JTAG mode M[2:0]=101 

When PROGRAM is asserted (either from power, external input or as part of the ACE file) the device resets and attempts to configure from internal SPI memory.  This conflicts with data coming from SystemACE through JTAG and the device does not configure.

2) You did not create a correct ACE file and JTAG chain, the CompactFlash card isn't formatted correctly (FAT12 or FAT16), or the xilinx.sys file and directory structure is incorrect on the card.

------Have you tried typing your question into Google? If not you should before posting.
Too many results? Try adding site:www.xilinx.com

View solution in original post

Visitor buptodzy
Visitor

Jump to solution

I am so sorry to tell you that the two possibilities you told me are not the case.

1) I am sure that I have set the M[2:0]  = 101, which is JTAG mode.

2)When I change the Spartan 3AN to the Spartan 3 in the same board, I can configure the FPGA through the CF interface. So it is not the problem of ACE file, JTAG chain, CompactFlash card, xilinx.sys file or directory structure.

I wonder whether the CF interface provided by SYSTEMACE could configure the Spartan 3AN.

0 Kudos