Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
suzero
Visitor
Visitor

Cypress and FPGA Core Communication

Hi everybody,

I wonder how FPGA and Cypress IC are communicating between each other. Is it SPI or I2C or something like that? Does this protocol change on every FPGA family or is it the same on every FPGA families?

I also checked some documents but I could not see this information anywhere. Can you also share if you know please?

Cheers,

0 Kudos
3 Replies
eteam00
Professor
Professor

Whoa!  What board are you talking about?  Sheeesh, there's more than one board, more than one Cypress IC, and more than one FPGA !!  Duhh!

I also checked some documents but I could not see this information anywhere. Can you also share if you know please?

I know the feeling!

-- Bob Elkind

SIGNATURE:
README for newbies is here: http://forums.xilinx.com/t5/New-Users-Forum/README-first-Help-for-new-users/td-p/219369

Summary:
1. Read the manual or user guide. Have you read the manual? Can you find the manual?
2. Search the forums (and search the web) for similar topics.
3. Do not post the same question on multiple forums.
4. Do not post a new topic or question on someone else's thread, start a new thread!
5. Students: Copying code is not the same as learning to design.
6 "It does not work" is not a question which can be answered. Provide useful details (with webpage, datasheet links, please).
7. You are not charged extra fees for comments in your code.
8. I am not paid for forum posts. If I write a good post, then I have been good for nothing.
0 Kudos
suzero
Visitor
Visitor

CY7C68013A IC from Cypress and Spartan 3A Starter Kit with XCS700A device. Can you answer now??

I already wrote there, "does it differ from board to board or from IC to IC?"

0 Kudos
eteam00
Professor
Professor

I already wrote there, "does it differ from board to board or from IC to IC?"

If you wrote that in this thread, it must have been with invisible ink, sir.

There is an embedded USB Platform Cable equivalent on the S3A Starter Kit board.  Its details are not described in the user guide, and it is not included in the board schematics.  I think this was a deliberate omission.

If you hunt around enough, you can find the information you seek.  Having said that, it is inappropriate for me to disclose this on a Xilinx-hosted forum with the knowledge that Xilinx specifically chose to make this information (more or less) unavailable.

Again, the information is available if you are peristent and/or clever in your search.

-- Bob Elkind

SIGNATURE:
README for newbies is here: http://forums.xilinx.com/t5/New-Users-Forum/README-first-Help-for-new-users/td-p/219369

Summary:
1. Read the manual or user guide. Have you read the manual? Can you find the manual?
2. Search the forums (and search the web) for similar topics.
3. Do not post the same question on multiple forums.
4. Do not post a new topic or question on someone else's thread, start a new thread!
5. Students: Copying code is not the same as learning to design.
6 "It does not work" is not a question which can be answered. Provide useful details (with webpage, datasheet links, please).
7. You are not charged extra fees for comments in your code.
8. I am not paid for forum posts. If I write a good post, then I have been good for nothing.
0 Kudos