UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Visitor nel_ge
Visitor

Data corrupted in True Dual Port Block RAM (Spartan-6)

Jump to solution

Hi,

I am facing data corruption problem in my design based on Spartan-6.

My internal dual port memory (RAMB16) (used for data transfer) lost randomly few bits after several days in use.

My interfaces are correctly designed and nothing explains why content of the RAM is corrupted by change of a single random bit (from 1 to 0).

The problem is hard to reproduce and to understand.

Does anyone already faced data lost / corruption in BRAM in Spartan-6 ?

Any idea ?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: Data corrupted in True Dual Port Block RAM (Spartan-6)

Jump to solution

Hi @nel_ge

On which address locations did you see the data errors?

If you have noticed the data errors on the first address location of BRAM, then this AR is applicable https://www.xilinx.com/support/answers/42571.html

Thanks,
Deepika.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Google your question before posting. If someone's post answers your question, mark the post as answer with "Accept as solution". If you see a particularly good and informative post, consider giving it Kudos (the star on the left)

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Jump to solution

Hi @nel_ge

On which address locations did you see the data errors?

If you have noticed the data errors on the first address location of BRAM, then this AR is applicable https://www.xilinx.com/support/answers/42571.html

Thanks,
Deepika.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Google your question before posting. If someone's post answers your question, mark the post as answer with "Accept as solution". If you see a particularly good and informative post, consider giving it Kudos (the star on the left)

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Jump to solution

Assuming you have solid synchronous interfacing with each port that meets all timing then I recommend that you carefully review the descriptions on page 15 of UG383 (v1.5) as there are some corner cases that could result in the corruption of a memory cell. Only you know the precise way in which you have configured the BRAM and how it is being accessed so do see if you are hitting one of those corner cases. 

Ken Chapman
Principal Engineer, Xilinx UK