UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Visitor nagadineshk
Visitor

Data verification fails with winbond SPI NOR device at particular address

Hi,

facing some problem with  Winbond SPI NOR device. While updating FLASH regions,  verification of some 4KB region blocks fails . Failure happens at same address on every boot. This failure happens only in Winbond SPI NOR device. With Micron chip verification is success at every region.

We are using 16MB W25Q128FW (ID:0xEF6018) Chip. Failure happens even with 8MB SPI NOR W25Q64DW( ID:0xEF6017). Failure happens at below address

1. at Address :0x00004000
  2. at Address :0x00008000
  3. at Address :0x0000C000
  4. at Address :0x0000D000
  5. at Address :0x00629000
  6. at Address :0x00711000
  7. at Address :0x00712000

I would like to know how to trace down such issues.

Issue doesn't happens with other projects SPI drivers. Please suggest

0 Kudos
8 Replies
Scholar pratham
Scholar

Re: Data verification fails with winbond SPI NOR device at particular address

@nagadineshk Are you using impact to perform the verification? Could you please post the entire log.

-Pratham

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos

hi @nagadineshk,

i see you're tying check why  8MB SPI NOR W25Q64DW is failing at the particular address can you us let know how you're verification address is it through the verification of read write address mode , can you let know hwo you're verification is done .

let us know steps you're using for configuration of  8MB SPI NOR W25Q64DW.

thanks 

S.chandra sekhar 

Regards
Chandra sekhar
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if solution provided is helpful.

0 Kudos
Visitor nagadineshk
Visitor

@csattar@pratham

Hi ChandraSekhar,

To make clear about issue description.

Algorithm is as below,

1.  Flash regions will be updated only after comparing data, If data matches update of region will be skipped.

2. if data is not matched , erase the flash region(4K blocks).

3. Write the new data to region. (Byte Program, Write cycle SPI Command)

4. Compare the data ( Read the written data from FLASH using ReadCommand(SPI_READ Opcode), and compare with the original data).

In my case, at regions where it crosses Step1, it fails everytime with winbond device.

@pratham, sorry, i cannot share the log.

The same driver is working correctly for Micron chip.

Do i need to do any additional controller configuration?

0 Kudos
Scholar pratham
Scholar

@nagadineshk If this is the only case with winbond then worth checking the datasheet of flash and confirm the procedure,

What is the FPGA are you using and is it a custom driver?

-Pratham

Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

0 Kudos
Visitor nagadineshk
Visitor

@pratham

I am using Cherrytrail, and Driver is ORG BIOS driver.

I checked the datasheet of the device nothing was helpful, if you give any parameters in particular, i will check that too.

0 Kudos
Scholar pratham
Scholar

You should contact intel, not Xilinx.
-Pratham

0 Kudos

hi @nagadineshk,

So basically in verification environment  you're scoreboard is getting failed due to mismatch  of the data at the particular address if i am wrong please correct me 

Regards
Chandra sekhar
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if solution provided is helpful.

0 Kudos
Visitor nagadineshk
Visitor

@csattar yes, you are correct!

@pratham Sorry about it, i just posted to get some useful information.

0 Kudos