UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Newbie zhichien

ERROR: [HD-DB 2] Could not open new netlist - please see the console for details

Hi all, I am having the mentioned problem while trying to do a post-synthesis from Xilinx. The said problem occurred in the PlanAhead windows; no error in Xilinx ISE. Below is the console information:

Command> source {C:/Users/Lee Zhi Chien/Desktop/TESTVHDL/i8051/pa.fromNetlist.tcl}
# hdi::project new -name i8051 -dir C:/Users/Lee Zhi Chien/Desktop/TESTVHDL/i8051/patmp -netlist i8051_top.ngc -search_path {C:/Users/Lee Zhi Chien/Desktop/TESTVHDL/i8051}
INFO: [HD-EDIFIN 0] Parsing Edif File '.\.HDI-PlanAhead-4728-LeeZhiChien-PC\ngc2edif\i8051_top.edif'
INFO: [HD-EDIFIN 1] Finished Parsing Edif File '.\.HDI-PlanAhead-4728-LeeZhiChien-PC\ngc2edif\i8051_top.edif'
WARN: [HD-EDIFIN 3] No cell is specified in file 'i8051_top.ngc'
ERROR: [HD-DB 2] Could not open new netlist - please see the console for details.

I tried pre-synthesis and there is no error; I can do pins mapping.

Message Edited by zhichien on 10-08-2009 01:48 AM
ZC

---------------------------------------

Xilinx ISE 11.1
PlanAhead 11.1
0 Kudos
6 Replies
Visitor shinde
Visitor

Re: ERROR: [HD-DB 2] Could not open new netlist - please see the console for details

I am getting exactly the same error/issue and there seems to be no answer on forum. I tried playing  with top level and module files, but no use. ISE console says synthesis successful.

Pradeep Shinde

0 Kudos
Newbie zhichien

Re: ERROR: [HD-DB 2] Could not open new netlist - please see the console for details

Hi, I have already done my project and not going to use the board any more. I have less clue in the solution. You would want to try make sure the TOP file (in my case) has all signals being assigned properly. Also try to re-create the project and add in the .vhd files and recompile. Good luck.
ZC

---------------------------------------

Xilinx ISE 11.1
PlanAhead 11.1
0 Kudos
Historian
Historian

There are spaces in the project's path name!

Fix that, and it might work ...

----------------------------Yes, I do this for a living.
0 Kudos
Visitor shinde
Visitor

I rechecked TOP module, all the signals used in lower module are defined. No spaces in the project's path name (as shown in console - where else to check/correct this?). ISE console declares:
"Process "Synthesis" completed successfully"

Just last week there was no such issue with this project. I reviewed and rewrote the only added file which is certainly not a culprit. Making a new project  with the sme vhd files does not look logical. Anyway, I will try this as well.

0 Kudos
Historian
Historian

shinde wrote:

I rechecked TOP module, all the signals used in lower module are defined. No spaces in the project's path name (as shown in console - where else to check/correct this?). ISE console declares:
"Process "Synthesis" completed successfully"

Just last week there was no such issue with this project. I reviewed and rewrote the only added file which is certainly not a culprit. Making a new project  with the sme vhd files does not look logical. Anyway, I will try this as well.

Ummm, look at your first post in this thread:

hdi::project new -name i8051 -dir C:/Users/Lee Zhi Chien/Desktop/TESTVHDL/i8051/patmp -netlist i8051_top.ngc -search_path {C:/Users/Lee Zhi Chien/Desktop/TESTVHDL/i8051} 

C:/Users/Lee Zhi Chien/Desktop/TESTVHDL/i8051/patmp contains at least two spaces ...
----------------------------Yes, I do this for a living.
0 Kudos
Visitor shinde
Visitor

That posting is by someone else (who experienced it earlier). I am a second person posting the same issue.
0 Kudos