UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Newbie m1002938

ERROR:MDT - Memory overlap detected between various program headers for processor microblaze_0

Hi,

I am using the webserver reference design from xilinx website, i could able to generate bit stream successfully, and i could be able to build all applications. but when i download bit stream into my SPARTAN 3A starter kit, i am getting the following error.

"ERROR:MDT - Memory overlap detected between various program headers for processor microblaze_0 ... "

do i need to do anything with jumper settings?  

anyone help me with solution.  

PS: Spartan 3A supports the webserver reference design files given in the xilinx website( source: http://www.xilinx.com/products/boards/s3astarter/files/s3ask_webserver.pdf

Thanks

SD

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: ERROR:MDT - Memory overlap detected between various program headers for processor microblaze_0

Hello,

Check your linker script and make sure that both applications are not initialized to BRAM's.

Regards 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Visitor van_adams
Visitor

Re: ERROR:MDT - Memory overlap detected between various program headers for processor microblaze_0

I was also hobbled by the problem when I run the BERT reference design.My message as following:

ERROR:MDT - Memory overlap detected between various program headers for processor ppc405_0

and I don't know what the upstair mean?did anyone give the elaborate method?

Thanks!!

0 Kudos
Observer josesmn
Observer

If more than one software application project is initialized to BRAMs, such an error shows usually.

Jose

0 Kudos
Highlighted

it is actually cause the memory initialized to xps-bram-cntrl is less than what your code takes so just increase the memory and linker script would be generated ...cheers

Tags (1)
0 Kudos