Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

HDMI signal processing - Spartan-6 board

Greetings,

I just got a new board.

http://www.digilentinc.com/Products/Detail.cfm?NavPath=2,400,836&Prod=ATLYS

As you can see, I have two HDMI inputs and two HDMI outputs on the board.

What I want to do is take one HDMI input and perform some transforms on the 1080p signal. Specifically, I want to make the pixels in the centre of the screen slightly less bright and the pixels at the edge of the screen much brighter. This new signal is then output onto one of the HDMI output ports.

I don't really know how to go about this - I am very new to FPGA design.

Should I get some IP, or can I do this myself using standard tools? I have the Xilinx ISE webpack.

Any insight greatly appreciated,

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted
Advisor
Advisor

You should study XAPP495, which implements a video receiver and transmitter. Note that it doesn't provide any support for HDCP encryption.

The design you've outlined doesn't sound too difficult, but I would recommend that you start with a few more basic projects first so that you gain a firm understanding of FPGA design concepts.

Highlighted

Can anybody advice if i can use this Thor Broadcast HDMI modulator with HDCP source like DVD player?

How does it work ?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Advisor
Advisor

According to some of their spec sheets they do support HDCP. If you have any questions you're probably better off contacting Thor directly rather than resurrecting random forum threads!
0 Kudos