Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dindea
Adventurer
Adventurer

HSWAPEN on SPARTAN6

Jump to solution

"... connect HSWAPEN permanently to GND": Will it work to connect "him" to GND via 15kOhms?

Full name "IO_L1P_HSWAPEN_0": Will it work to use "him" as an I/O pin? If "he" is connected to GND via 15kOhms, will it all, during initialization/configuration, work the same way as if "he" were connected fixed-ly to GND? Will "his" level have no influence once the device is configured?

/dindea

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
gnarahar

@dindeaYes, you can use this pins as User I/O after configuration. 

Check this AR http://www.xilinx.com/support/answers/63521.html

The pull-up strength is documented in DS162. It has the Irpu current section and you can use ohms law (R = V/I) to find out the value of pull up based on your Bank 0 VCCO. You can choose the pull down value accordingly. 

- Giri
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.
If starting with Versal take a look at our Versal Design Process Hub and our Versal Blogs
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

7 Replies
aher
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee
Hi,
1- Why do you want to use 15K resistor as a pull down? We generally connect this pin directly to ground. So, I cannot tell the implications of this.
But what I can think of is,
HSWAPEN has an internal weak pull up. and when you give 15K pulldown to this pin, it will basically create a voltage devider at the pin and won't provide the proper voltage level input.

-Shreyas
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Try to search answer for your issue in forums or xilinx user guides before you post a new thread.

Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided solves your query.
Give Kudos (star provided in right) to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
athandr
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

You can check the sp605 evalulation kit schematics to know what the HSWAPEN is connected to. Ideally it should be directly conected to ground without any resisitance. However do check and confirm. in addition, if you want to use this as a IO after configuration, you can sure do and control the pull up/pull down independently in the SW for this specific HSWAP pin as this is a general purpose IO.

Thanks,
Anirudh

PS: Please MARK this as an answer in case it helped resolve your query.Give kudos in case the post guided you to a solution.
0 Kudos
aher
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee
Hello,

Does this answers your query?

-Shreyas
Try to search answer for your issue in forums or xilinx user guides before you post a new thread.

Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided solves your query.
Give Kudos (star provided in right) to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
0 Kudos
dindea
Adventurer
Adventurer

Hi,

Did you "miss" what I wrote about using the HSWAPEN pin as an I/O once the device is configured? This is why I would connecti it to GND via 15kOhms. No problems for the driver stage at the pin to drive the HIGH level in 15kOhms.

/dindea

0 Kudos
gnarahar

@dindeaYes, you can use this pins as User I/O after configuration. 

Check this AR http://www.xilinx.com/support/answers/63521.html

The pull-up strength is documented in DS162. It has the Irpu current section and you can use ohms law (R = V/I) to find out the value of pull up based on your Bank 0 VCCO. You can choose the pull down value accordingly. 

- Giri
If starting with Versal take a look at our Versal Design Process Hub and our Versal Blogs

View solution in original post

dindea
Adventurer
Adventurer

"Give kudos": How do I do this? I think I have not found appropriate buttons/fields.

/dindea

0 Kudos
gnarahar

@dindea How do I do this? I think I have not found appropriate buttons/fields.

The "Star" icon to the left of Reply Button :) 

- Giri