UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Contributor
Contributor

Impact 923 cable error

Jump to solution

Hi

I have change my PC from 32bit to 64bit, my OS is new WIN 7.

Now I have allways a Impact 923 Error : can not find cable, check cable setup

Installed ISE  is 11.5 as 32 bit application, it run ok.

But I can not run my Platform Cable USB II (DLC10). Impact4 release Version 11.5 on my new PC.

I have try to install driver  as  a 64 bit application as described in ug344:

c:\ Xilinx11_5\Impact\nt64 with : wdreg - inf uninstall.inf -silent -log uninstall.log uninstall

c:\ Xilinx11_5\Impact\nt64 with : wdreg - inf xusbdrvr.inf -log install_xusb.log uninstall

The both files uninstall.inf and xusbdrvr.inf are in the directory  but in the uninstall.log is warning :

--- ....uninstall.inf  not found..

I trying in Impact  the Autoconnect, Cable Setup, cable Reset etc, is without success.

I have try any solution as AR#30184 or AR#54381  and other without success.

The platform cable run ok on the 32bit PC with Win XP.

What can I do to install the Platform Cable on my new 64bit PC ?

Thank You in advance

Anton

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Scholar pratham
Scholar

Re: Impact 923 cable error

Jump to solution

@antonkurka Glad to know! Please close this thread

-Pratham

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
13 Replies
Scholar pratham
Scholar

Jump to solution

@antonkurka First up all Windows 7 OS is not supported with ISE 11.X. Either you install latest version of ISE i.e 14.7 or go back to XP.

I would prefer to go with windowws 7 and ISE 14.7, this combo should work. Let us know if this doesnt work. You can download 14.7 from here

http://www.xilinx.com/support/download/index.html/content/xilinx/en/downloadNav/design-tools/v2012_4---14_7.html

-Pratham

Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

0 Kudos
Contributor
Contributor

Jump to solution

Hallo Pratham

Thank You for prompt answer.

The ISE 11.5 run very well in compatibility mode XP unter Win7, only IMPACT  does not work

My design is very large and this is the reason why I have not update to higher  version because the limitation of WebPack.

What limit does the free version  of14.7  ?

My design has 35 entities and any (10)coregen units and targeted Spartan6: xc6lx100-3fgg484, is this possible with free Version of ISE 14.7 ?

Thanks

Anton

0 Kudos
Scholar pratham
Scholar

Jump to solution

@antonkurka Yes, No Problem

-Pratham

0 Kudos
Contributor
Contributor

Jump to solution

Hallo Pretham

I have Download ISE 14.7 and will beginning with the installation.

Which version 14.7  I can install free  ?

Thanks

Anton

0 Kudos
Scholar pratham
Scholar

Jump to solution

@antonkurka Webpack can be used. If you just want to configure you may consider using labtools which is free and doesnt need any license.

-Pratham

0 Kudos
Contributor
Contributor

Jump to solution

Hallo Pratham

I need only the xc6lx100-3fgg484, no other devices.

Is there is no way a free license only for for this device?

I have seen in :

http://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/sw_manuals/xilinx14_3/irn.pdf

are supported devices for Webpack only: XC6SLX4 - XC6SLX75T .

Thanks

Anton

0 Kudos
Scholar pratham
Scholar

Jump to solution

@antonkurka No this device isnt listed in webpack support. You have to purchase a license if using this device otherwise consider using 75t

-Pratham

0 Kudos
Contributor
Contributor

Jump to solution

Hallo Pratham

I have installed the Labtools and the IMPACT programm on the 64bit machine work very well.

Thank you very match for Your excellent support.

Best regards

Anton

0 Kudos
Scholar pratham
Scholar

Jump to solution

@antonkurka Glad to know! Please close this thread

-Pratham

Contributor
Contributor

Jump to solution
Accept as solution

0 Kudos
Contributor
Contributor

Jump to solution

I try to give You Kudos but it dont function

0 Kudos
Newbie alj1108

Jump to solution

Dear Moderator,

Figure this one out then...First of all I do have ver14.7 loaded and also have a 64Bit Win7 enterprise as the OS .. the cable is not being seen in the program but is being seen in the device manger as Jungo 10.2.1.0 and  Xlinx  2.0.0.3.. Tried everything under the sun and on the website to get this to work (uninstalling and reinstalling everything)....

Need.... help

drivers and error.png
0 Kudos
Newbie jwen2882

Jump to solution

Hi,

Please help! I am facing the same issue when I try to initialize a JTAG chain using Platform Cable II.

Please advise what I should do.

Thanks,

Jing Wen

0 Kudos