UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Explorer
Explorer

Issue for Spartan 6 configuration Mode

Jump to solution

We have the same spartan 6 application design for two projects seperated by 3 years.

We are experiencing the issue for spartan 6 configuration mode.

We pull down configuration mode Pin M1 with 10k resistor but this setup is not working for most recent design.

We have to use 2k resistor to repalce 10k resistor to make Spartan 6 be programmed by flash.

Please let me know what is the potential problem for above issue?

Do you think if it is possible the FPGA is not baked long enough before assembling?

Many thanks.

David.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Teacher eteam00
Teacher

Re: Issue for Spartan 6 configuration Mode

Jump to solution

Given that the maximum current for a Spartan-6 internal 'weak pullup' is 350uA - 500uA, a 10K pulldown R is too high a value to guarantee a LOW logic level.

-- Bob Elkind

SIGNATURE:
README for newbies is here: http://forums.xilinx.com/t5/New-Users-Forum/README-first-Help-for-new-users/td-p/219369

Summary:
1. Read the manual or user guide. Have you read the manual? Can you find the manual?
2. Search the forums (and search the web) for similar topics.
3. Do not post the same question on multiple forums.
4. Do not post a new topic or question on someone else's thread, start a new thread!
5. Students: Copying code is not the same as learning to design.
6 "It does not work" is not a question which can be answered. Provide useful details (with webpage, datasheet links, please).
7. You are not charged extra fees for comments in your code.
8. I am not paid for forum posts. If I write a good post, then I have been good for nothing.
4 Replies
Scholar austin
Scholar

Jump to solution

d,

I would check if you have contaminated water during the wash of the flux during assembly.

Austin Lesea
Principal Engineer
Xilinx San Jose
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Teacher eteam00
Teacher

Jump to solution

Given that the maximum current for a Spartan-6 internal 'weak pullup' is 350uA - 500uA, a 10K pulldown R is too high a value to guarantee a LOW logic level.

-- Bob Elkind

SIGNATURE:
README for newbies is here: http://forums.xilinx.com/t5/New-Users-Forum/README-first-Help-for-new-users/td-p/219369

Summary:
1. Read the manual or user guide. Have you read the manual? Can you find the manual?
2. Search the forums (and search the web) for similar topics.
3. Do not post the same question on multiple forums.
4. Do not post a new topic or question on someone else's thread, start a new thread!
5. Students: Copying code is not the same as learning to design.
6 "It does not work" is not a question which can be answered. Provide useful details (with webpage, datasheet links, please).
7. You are not charged extra fees for comments in your code.
8. I am not paid for forum posts. If I write a good post, then I have been good for nothing.
Scholar austin
Scholar

Jump to solution

Whoops!

Good catch.  I was not thinking of the pullups.

I was only thinking of leakage of pins (<10uA).

Clearly you have found the cause:  the pullups may be stronger, or weaker as part of normal process variation.  A marginal resistor value may for some lots of material stop working.

Thank you!

Austin Lesea
Principal Engineer
Xilinx San Jose
0 Kudos
Explorer
Explorer

Jump to solution
It is so good to know.

Many thanks.

Have a nice day.