UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Adventurer
Adventurer

Maximum Clock Frequency of AXI Bus

Hi 

I want to know whats the maximum clock frequency over which AXI system can opeate.

Detailed manual's  link would be helpfull for me.

Thanks

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Scholar austin
Scholar

Re: Maximum Clock Frequency of AXI Bus

h,

Any logic implemented in the FPGS device willl operated at the frequency it was constrained to operate at (timing constraint), unless the constraint is too aggressive (the circuits cannot be placed and routed to meet the goal).

So, depending on what else is present, and the device, the frequency is what it is (and different).  Printing it in any manual would be a waste of time, and energy.

Only the final placed and routed design, meeting the proper timing constraints can answer the question  -- so, I ask you:  "what frequency is your design constrained for, and successfully meeting?"

Only you can answer.

Austin Lesea
Principal Engineer
Xilinx San Jose
0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

That depends upon type of application.

In case of AXI-4 stream  video IP thebelow link is useful. The range of Clock also specified http://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/ip_documentation/axi_videoip/v1_0/ug934_axi_videoIP.pdf

Please mark this post as an "Accept as solution" in case if it helped to resolve your query. So that it will help to other forum users to directly refer to the answer.

Give kudos to this post in case if you think the information is useful and reply oriented.

0 Kudos
Newbie mohitr2

So in my design I am using " AXI4-Stream Interconnect RTL (1.1)" IP core.

I am running my design at 500 Mhz. 

In the timing summary, vivado shows negative slack within this ip core. Meaning the data path lies within the ipcore.

does that mean this module cannot function at 500Mhz ? or Are there any possible solutions ?

I have included a screenshot for the datapath of the negative slack.

"axis_interconnect_I2" is the instantiation name for this ipcore.

feggege.png
0 Kudos