cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

PLL from FMC input on Spartan-6 LX150T

Jump to solution

Hello all,

I am new to both this forum and Xilinx devices/design software, but have some experience with Altera devices/design software.

At the moment I am trying to design a cameralink interface. In order to do this I have a connector attatched to an FMC connector of a Spartan-6 LX150T. However this gives me some trouble that I don't understand and I hope some of you may be able to help me on my way.

Am I correct in thinking I can use the core generator to generate both the required PLL and SERDES?

I tried this for the PLL only and got the error "ERROR:NgdBuild:604 - logical block **/**/plle2_adv_inst' with type
   'PLLE2_ADV' could not be resolved. A pin name misspelling can cause this, a
   missing edif or ngc file, case mismatch between the block name and the edif
   or ngc file name, or the misspelling of a type name. Symbol 'PLLE2_ADV' is
   not supported in target 'spartan6'."

A search on this forum did not help me solve the problem. I did read something about the placement of input clocks and the PLL/DCM tiles, but does this mean I cannot use the FMC?

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Oh, and before you ask: I use ISE 14.7.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Found I did't add ALL the correct files to the project.

For others having similar problems: http://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/sw_manuals/xilinx11/ise_c_using_coregen_ip.htm

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee
Unfortunately we do not provide any sort of Camera link core. The closest thing we have is the Select-IO Wizard which sets up the FPGA IOs for the Camera Link interface. Note that the Select-IO wizard is only supperted for 6-series and newer devices.
Have the customer refer to their FAE in regards to what third party cores and vendors they need for their design.
Thanks and Regards
Balkrishan
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark the post as an answer "Accept as solution" in case it helped resolve your query.
Give kudos in case a post in case it guided to the solution.
0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hallo Balkrishan,

I am not iterested in a cameralink core, but in a tip to help me implement the PLL core from the core generator. I can't find relevant information on the error 604, which I also get when trying to implement the serdes via the selectIO wizard.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

This error come if any library or module missing in your design. You may share your design or check yourself at your end

Thanks and Regards
Balkrishan
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark the post as an answer "Accept as solution" in case it helped resolve your query.
Give kudos in case a post in case it guided to the solution.
0 Kudos
Highlighted

Found I did't add ALL the correct files to the project.

For others having similar problems: http://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/sw_manuals/xilinx11/ise_c_using_coregen_ip.htm

View solution in original post

0 Kudos