Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Problem Errors

Jump to solution

I'm working on XAPP495 on Digilent Atlys board with ISE 14.7

I want to run and test "vct_demo" coming with the XAP 495. I tried to compile it (with ISE 14.7) and failed because of the following errors:

ERROR:PhysDesignRules:2502 - Issue with pin connections and/or configuration on block::. BUFIO2 has an invalid setting of DIVIDE by 2. This setting is not supported. For more information please see Answer Record 56113.

ERROR:Pack:1642 - Errors in physical DRC.

I simply imported all the *.v files as well as the corresponding *.ucf

Can this here be a simple version issue? - Is it a matter of error level which is stricter than in former versions?

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Hi sh12@,

Below is the link:
http://www.xilinx.com/support/download/index.html/content/xilinx/en/downloadNav/design-tools/archive.html

Thanks,
Arpan
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Highlighted
Scholar
Scholar

s,

XAPP are written to use the prevailing version of the tools at the time.

There is no forward (nor backward) compatibility.  One must either use the version specified in the document, or resolve the issues yourself in a newer version.

It is 'hardware' and not software, so the version of the tools makes a difference.

Austin Lesea
Principal Engineer
Xilinx San Jose
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

@austin

Thanks For your reply
can you give me a direct link to download ISE 12.3 ? 
It's difficult to me to get it , because when I search I just see 14 version 

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hi sh12@,

Below is the link:
http://www.xilinx.com/support/download/index.html/content/xilinx/en/downloadNav/design-tools/archive.html

Thanks,
Arpan
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor
@arpan
thankss :D
0 Kudos