UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

R67/R51 Value/Repair advice for Platform Cable USB - Model DLC9LP

Hi,

Someone (not me!) did something bad to our USB programming adapter. My best guess is that the cable was plugged into the wrong port on one of our boards and we shoved 12V into the JTAG Vref pin.

Upon disassembly R67 is quite toasty. R51 is suspect, as well. Can anyone provide me with a replacement value and package size for it? I don't know if that will fix the problem, but the green light still illuminates so we have that going for us.

It actually appears to work except for not actually programming.

Any other repair advice about possible other component damage up the line would be greatly appreciated, too.

The specific model number is DLC9LP.

Thanks in advance!

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: R67/R51 Value/Repair advice for Platform Cable USB - Model DLC9LP

R67 10 ohms, 1%, 1W SIZE 2512, KOA SPEER P/N RK73H3ATTE10R0F or PANASONIC P/N ERJ1TNF10R0U

R51 30.1 ohm, 1%, 1/10W SIZE 0603, ANY

It's possible that Zener diode CR3 may also have been damaged:

ON SEMICONDUCTOR P/N 1SMA5915BT3G

3.9V, 1.5W

Beyond that, any number of components could have been damaged depending on what failed first. 

NOTE:  It's possible that XILINX will replace the cable at no charge if you have a record of component purchases.

Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Correction:  Xilinx will not replace cables that have been damaged due to misuse.

0 Kudos

Thanks for the info! We'll hope that fixes it.

It would be nice if Xilinx would offer a replacement since we use one of their products in everything we make, but. we're not making cellphones or anything mass market. :-)

0 Kudos