UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Visitor chandanc
Visitor

Spartan 3E starter kit reference designs

Jump to solution

Hi ,

I have an Spartan 3e starter kit which I purchased in 2009. The "altered" initial design is working fine but I have lost the reference design data. Request all of you experts to kindly help me to get started again :)

Regards,

Chandan

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
10 Replies

Re: Spartan 3E starter kit reference designs

Jump to solution

Hi @chandanc,

You cannot  find the Spartan-3E Starter Kit Reference Designs on this page: http://www.xilinx.com/products/boards/s3estarter/reference_designs.htm

unfortunately Xilinx , made  product is no longer in production, and can not be purchased. 

so bit difficult to get the old design files .

thanks & Regards 

S.chandra sekhar 

Regards
Chandra sekhar
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if solution provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Visitor chandanc
Visitor

Jump to solution

Thanks for your reply @csattar. But the files were with open license. I think it will be possible for someone to share.

Regards,

Chandan

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

can let me know what are design file are looking , becasue design file means verilog or vhdl files right , if the link is working u just need to register that all 

Ta

Sekhar 

Regards
Chandra sekhar
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if solution provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
0 Kudos
Visitor chandanc
Visitor

Jump to solution

Thanks @csattar for your reply. I was looking to modify the code for LCD display. Yes the problem is the link is not working.

Please restore the links to all the reference designs. Though the product is discontinued those codes and documentation would be useful to many of us.

Regards,

Chandan

0 Kudos
Scholar brimdavis
Scholar

Jump to solution

@chandanc "Though the product is discontinued those codes and documentation would be useful to many of us."

The S3E kit was a joint venture with Digilent, who still have a reference design page here:

https://reference.digilentinc.com/reference/programmable-logic/spartan-3e/start?redirect=1

-Brian

0 Kudos
Visitor chandanc
Visitor

Jump to solution

Thanks @brimdavis. The link has some examples but are different from the earlier reference designs.

Those were easier to understand using a Picoblaze controller(hence not much useful to learn HDL) like this one to control LCD display or rotary switch.

Regards,

Chandan

0 Kudos
Visitor chandanc
Visitor

Jump to solution

Great ! Thanks a lot @brimdavis

0 Kudos
Visitor krishna_k
Visitor

Jump to solution

Thank you @brimdavis for this links

https://web.archive.org/web/20090323004714/http://www.xilinx.com/products/boards/s3estarter/reference_designs.htm

I try to do the reference projects which are same as you provide in links.

I implement DS2432, PicoBlaze processor, RS232 from link.

Here 1 file is missing name as v2_bscan - BSCAN_VIRTEX2()

and it is used in all the projects.

Can any one tell me, where I can get this file? for what this file is used?

Capture.JPG
0 Kudos
Scholar brimdavis
Scholar

Jump to solution

@krishna_k "Here 1 file is missing name as v2_bscan - BSCAN_VIRTEX2()"

At the time those reference designs were created, the older ISE tools still supported the Virtex-II family and would automatically retarget this primitive to the appropriate Spartan-3 replacement. In the newer ISE tool versions, Virtex-II support has been dropped, so you'll need to manually make the following change, see:

https://forums.xilinx.com/t5/Spartan-Family-FPGAs/PicoBlaze-in-ISE-14-7/td-p/658272

>

> 1) Simply replace 'BSCAN_VIRTEX2' with 'BSCAN_SPARTAN3'

>

-Brian

0 Kudos