cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Adventurer
Adventurer

Spartan 3an Bootloader Question

Hi, I am using a spartan 3an and was wondering if it is possible to store the configuration file in ISF and boot the user application code in external spi flash?  On startup, I want the FPGA to run a small bootloader in ISF and grab the application code in external spi flash and copy it to RAM.  Can this be done since the ISF is already using spi?  Also, I cant perform indirect programming to external spi via iMPACT because of ISF. 

Thanks

HV

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
Observer
Observer

Re: Spartan 3an Bootloader Question

As I can understand, you will need to programme external SPI Flash connected to Spartan-3AN using IMPACT. There is one problem, IMPACT does not (now?) support indirect programming of external SPI Flash for Spartan-3AN. How to overcome the problem is written here:

http://forums.xilinx.com/t5/Design-Tools-Others/Impact-12-4-adding-SPI-for-indirect-programming/m-p/123770#M1794

I hope this helps you.

Milan

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Instructor
Instructor

Re: Spartan 3an Bootloader Question

I hope this helps you.

Almost 2 years too late, I'm afraid.

- Bob Elkind

SIGNATURE:
README for newbies is here: http://forums.xilinx.com/t5/New-Users-Forum/README-first-Help-for-new-users/td-p/219369

Summary:
1. Read the manual or user guide. Have you read the manual? Can you find the manual?
2. Search the forums (and search the web) for similar topics.
3. Do not post the same question on multiple forums.
4. Do not post a new topic or question on someone else's thread, start a new thread!
5. Students: Copying code is not the same as learning to design.
6 "It does not work" is not a question which can be answered. Provide useful details (with webpage, datasheet links, please).
7. You are not charged extra fees for comments in your code.
8. I am not paid for forum posts. If I write a good post, then I have been good for nothing.
0 Kudos