UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Visitor salmizio
Visitor

Spartan 3an starter kit ADC question for a newbie

Hello, i'm newbie to fpga programming. For my graduate i'm interested to adc acquisition of voltage and current for realize a real time power meter.

What are the tools necessary for this? I have read the Ken Chapman documents to A/D control whith spartan 3e starter kit board. The picoblaze implementation is necessary?

I'm able to use matlab and simulink, I have installed to my pc the ISE Web Pack. 

Is possible programming of spartan 3an starter kit board only whith the Xilinx System Generator and ISE tool?

Best Regards

Maurizio Salemme

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Visitor kvasir
Visitor

Re: Spartan 3an starter kit ADC question for a newbie

Hi, yes, with ISE WebPack you can create "program" for your spartan 3AN easly. I am making my graduate on this board, guitar multiefect in pure vhdl, without ken chapman's picoblaze , ADC -> FIR -> FX's -> DAC and it is working fine :) You can use picoblaze programs to find how ADC is working, for example observing output's\inputs on logic analyzer. Any question's, just ask :)
0 Kudos
Historian
Historian

Re: Spartan 3an starter kit ADC question for a newbie

salmizio wrote:
Hello, i'm newbie to fpga programming. For my graduate i'm interested to adc acquisition of voltage and current for realize a real time power meter.

What are the tools necessary for this? I have read the Ken Chapman documents to A/D control whith spartan 3e starter kit board. The picoblaze implementation is necessary?

I'm able to use matlab and simulink, I have installed to my pc the ISE Web Pack. 

Is possible programming of spartan 3an starter kit board only whith the Xilinx System Generator and ISE tool?

Best Regards

Maurizio Salemme

You are new at this, so simplify you life by forgetting that Matlab and Simulink exist. Don't think about PicoBlaze. All you need are a text editor and the ISE implementation tools.

----------------------------Yes, I do this for a living.
0 Kudos