UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Visitor jack_the_d
Visitor

Spartan 3e fg 320 pinout (ucf) for Ethernet PHY

Jump to solution

Hello everyone...

Receantly I started playing with the FPGA, and Device of my choice was Spartan-3E FG320. One of the first things I wanted was to "communicate" with my PC via Ethernet interface so I downloaded this opencore project.

The problem was that it was writen for Spartan-3E PQ208, so I had to adjust the .ucf file. In original .ucf file there are Ethernet_RDp and Ethernet_RDm signals that are differential (IOSTANDARD = DIFF_HSTL_III_18). I do not know where to connect these signals (nor Ethernet_TDp and Ethernet_TDm) on FG320.

In Xilinx Spartan-3E starter kit user guide (Table 14-1, page 110), there are pinouts for ethernet phy, but I do not know where to connect these signals. I'm new to this, and I would greatly appreciate if someone could help me.

Cheers! ;)

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Historian
Historian

Re: Spartan 3e fg 320 pinout (ucf) for Ethernet PHY

Jump to solution

@jack_the_d wrote:

The problem was that it was writen for Spartan-3E PQ208, so I had to adjust the .ucf file. In original .ucf file there are Ethernet_RDp and Ethernet_RDm signals that are differential (IOSTANDARD = DIFF_HSTL_III_18). I do not know where to connect these signals (nor Ethernet_TDp and Ethernet_TDm) on FG320.

Cheers! ;)

you pick them however you want.

The pins in question need to on a bank powered from a 1.8V.

But other than that, you're pretty much free to choose whatever pinout you want.

----------------------------Yes, I do this for a living.
2 Replies
Historian
Historian

Jump to solution

@jack_the_d wrote:

Cheers! ;)

you pick them however you want.

The pins in question need to on a bank powered from a 1.8V.

But other than that, you're pretty much free to choose whatever pinout you want.

----------------------------Yes, I do this for a living.
Visitor jack_the_d
Visitor

Jump to solution

Thank you bassman59.

Cheers!

0 Kudos