UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Visitor guyeschemann
Visitor

Spartan-6 ISERDES2 Reset

What's the purpose of the ISERDES2 RST input? Can I safely tie it to zero? Does it have an influence on the bitslip mechanism?

-- Guy.

0 Kudos
6 Replies

Re: Spartan-6 ISERDES2 Reset

The purpose of the reset is to put all of the registers into a known state, especially the bitslip.  You must reset the ISERDES2 before you use it.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Visitor guyeschemann
Visitor

Thanks for your help. Assuming that I've got two cascaded ISERDES2 (master and slave), which one should be reset? Same question for the bitslip signal: should it be applied to the master, slave, or both ISERDES2?

Many thanks,

-- Guy.

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hi Guy,

Tie the resets together and do the same for the bitslip.  You can see examples of using these in XAPP 1064 (see below)and there is a Wizard in Coregen that can help set it up as well.

http://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/application_notes/xapp1064.pdf

-Roy

Don't forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Instructor
Instructor

Coregen for ISERDES2?

roym wrote:

... Tie the resets together and do the same for the bitslip.  You can see examples of using these in XAPP 1064 (see below)and there is a Wizard in Coregen that can help set it up as well.

-Roy

Roy,

Maybe I'm misinterpreting your comments, but I see no sign of a Coregen wizard for ISERDES2 (S6) in ISE12.2.  Nor is there any reference to CoreGen in the XAPP1064 .PDF.  If there is such a wizard, please correct me (and a pointer would be helpful as well).

- Bob Elkind

SIGNATURE:
README for newbies is here: http://forums.xilinx.com/t5/New-Users-Forum/README-first-Help-for-new-users/td-p/219369

Summary:
1. Read the manual or user guide. Have you read the manual? Can you find the manual?
2. Search the forums (and search the web) for similar topics.
3. Do not post the same question on multiple forums.
4. Do not post a new topic or question on someone else's thread, start a new thread!
5. Students: Copying code is not the same as learning to design.
6 "It does not work" is not a question which can be answered. Provide useful details (with webpage, datasheet links, please).
7. You are not charged extra fees for comments in your code.
8. I am not paid for forum posts. If I write a good post, then I have been good for nothing.
0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: Coregen for ISERDES2?

CoreGen = Core Generator . Search "Core Generator" in xapp1064 and you will find several reference to it. Please take a look at attached snapshot to see where you can find the SelectIO wizard in CoreGen.
On WIndows, you can invoke CoreGen by Start->Programs->Xilinx ISE Design Suite 12.2->ISE Design Tools->Tools->Core Generator
On Linux, run "coregen" from a terminal.

Roy,

Maybe I'm misinterpreting your comments, but I see no sign of a Coregen wizard for ISERDES2 (S6) in ISE12.2.  Nor is there any reference to CoreGen in the XAPP1064 .PDF.  If there is such a wizard, please correct me (and a pointer would be helpful as well).

- Bob Elkind

Cheers,
Jim
ScreenHunter_012.gif
0 Kudos
Instructor
Instructor

Re: Coregen for ISERDES2?

Thanks for the pointers, Jim.

The SelectIO Wizard foe generating ISERDES2 instances is... interesting.   In some ways it is supplemental to UG381, UG382, and the XAPP1064 docs.

- Bob Elkind

SIGNATURE:
README for newbies is here: http://forums.xilinx.com/t5/New-Users-Forum/README-first-Help-for-new-users/td-p/219369

Summary:
1. Read the manual or user guide. Have you read the manual? Can you find the manual?
2. Search the forums (and search the web) for similar topics.
3. Do not post the same question on multiple forums.
4. Do not post a new topic or question on someone else's thread, start a new thread!
5. Students: Copying code is not the same as learning to design.
6 "It does not work" is not a question which can be answered. Provide useful details (with webpage, datasheet links, please).
7. You are not charged extra fees for comments in your code.
8. I am not paid for forum posts. If I write a good post, then I have been good for nothing.
0 Kudos