cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Spartan 6 LX CameraLink Implementation

Hello, we are looking for some guidance and resources in implementing a CameraLink interface in a Spartan6-LX. It appers the LogiCORE SelectIO interface could be used as the interface for the CameraLink core, is there documentation or a reference design detailing this type of application? Are there other recommended cores that complement CameraLink (for example, the data may need to be converted into another format for processing and display.) Suggestions are welcome. Thank you.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted
Historian
Historian

Re: Spartan 6 LX CameraLink Implementation

@rhana_microsys wrote:

Hello, we are looking for some guidance and resources in implementing a CameraLink interface in a Spartan6-LX. It appers the LogiCORE SelectIO interface could be used as the interface for the CameraLink core, is there documentation or a reference design detailing this type of application? Are there other recommended cores that complement CameraLink (for example, the data may need to be converted into another format for processing and display.) Suggestions are welcome. Thank you.

Transmit or receive?

You can do the Camera Link serializer in the fabric, driving out via an ODDR2 and appropriate clocking. The only "reference design" you need is a copy of the TI DS90CR287/288 data sheet which details the bit serialization, and a copy of the Camera Link standard which details how you organize your pixel data to feed into the serializers.

----------------------------Yes, I do this for a living.
0 Kudos
Highlighted

Thanks for getting back to me. It looks like the SelectIO wizard has a default camera link configuration, however the SelectIO Wizard is part of logiCORE (which does not support the Spartan-6 LX.) I know the Spartan-6 LX has SelectIO (the Spartan-6 FPGA SelectIO Resources document UG381 v1.6 details this), but it looks like I won't be  using a wizard to do this. Is there a reason why the SelectIO Wizard does not support the Spratan-6 LX?  Thank you.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Xilinx do not provide any sort of Camera link core directly for spartan6 FPGA’S.I did not find any published Camera link core reference design/application note for Spartan-6.

The closest thing Xilinx have is the Select-IO Wizard which sets up the FPGA IOs for the Camera Link interface. Customer are expecting to design Camera Link interface on their own as per their application by using SelectIO wizard

In case if you wish to use third party Camera IP cores directly please contact Xilinx FAE’S/DFAE's. You can get contact details of them from the following link http://www.xilinx.com/company/sales/ww_disti.htm. (That link can guide to http://www.xilinx.com/company/contact/auth-disti-table.htm)

Please mark this post as an "Accept as solution" in case if it helped to resolve your query. So that it will help to other forum users to directly refer to the answer.

Give kudos to this post in case if you think the information is useful and reply oriented.

0 Kudos