Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

Spartan 6 configuration times

Hello,

I have been reading the user guide (ug380.pdf) and "DC and Switching Characteristics" (ds162.pdf) to collect information about the Configuration Sequence and the time that it needs. Chapter 5  of the userguide (ug380,page 78) describes this Sequence in 8 Steps for any Configuration Mode.

Since my application is time-critical, I need to calculate the configuration time in worstcase scenarios for Master Serial/SPI Mode (M[1:0] = 01) and Slave SelectMAP (M[1:0] = 10) exactly (2ms exact). I have been able to do so for Step1 (Device Power-Up) and Step6 (Load Configuration Data). 

I cant find timing information about the other steps in this documentation, particularly the last step (Step8: Startup Sequence) seems to vary alot among different Designs that are loaded on the FPGA.

Thanks

Human

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Spartan 6 configuration times

Hi Human,

As mentioned in UG380, under Startup section, the startup time would depend on time take for DCM/PLL to LOCK. Once this is done, the time for the completion of startup is 7 cycles as shown in Figure 5-12 of http://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/user_guides/ug380.pdf

The PLL lock time totally depends on your board and the quality of the input clock.

Regards,
Krishna
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark the post as "Accept as solution" if the information provided answers your query/resolves your issue.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful.