cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Spartan-6 input clock

Spartan-6 input clock

Hi

I have searched for what kind of differential signal clock is needed as input in Spartan-6, and I havn't seen anything, I suppouse that the Spartan-6 needs LVDS signal clock, is it possible use a LVPECL signal clock??

Thanks

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Highlighted
Instructor
Instructor

For clock input(s), you can use any of the IOSTANDARD signal levels which appear in the Spartan-6 datasheet.  Some IOSTANDARD input options place restrictions on VCCO and VCCAUX voltage supplies.  These restrictions are described in the Spartan-6 datasheet (DS162).

There is no requirement for differential signaling for clock inputs.  Using single-ended input clocks is a common practice.  You will have to determine whether or not differential input clock is required for your applications.

-- Bob Elkind

SIGNATURE:
README for newbies is here: http://forums.xilinx.com/t5/New-Users-Forum/README-first-Help-for-new-users/td-p/219369

Summary:
1. Read the manual or user guide. Have you read the manual? Can you find the manual?
2. Search the forums (and search the web) for similar topics.
3. Do not post the same question on multiple forums.
4. Do not post a new topic or question on someone else's thread, start a new thread!
5. Students: Copying code is not the same as learning to design.
6 "It does not work" is not a question which can be answered. Provide useful details (with webpage, datasheet links, please).
7. You are not charged extra fees for comments in your code.
8. I am not paid for forum posts. If I write a good post, then I have been good for nothing.
0 Kudos