UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Adventurer
Adventurer

Temperature sensorLM35 output to spartan3E board

Hi,

Can we connect the output of LM35( attached fig vout) directly to J7 connector VinA or VinB pin of Spartan3E? While testing the output of Lm35 is varying from about 260mv to 285 mv. 

thanks

kathy

LM35-output.JPG
0 Kudos
6 Replies
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: Temperature sensorLM35 output to spartan3E board

Hi,

What is the package of the device? Is the J7 pin a VCCO input?

In that case you need to check the Device datasheet and search for the recommended operating voltage and see if this voltage is in range -  However the voltage oscillation is not recommended and the power supply is expected to be stable.

Thanks,
Anirudh

PS: Please MARK this as an answer in case it helped resolve your query.Give kudos in case the post guided you to a solution.
0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Kathy,

It looks like you are refering to VINA & VINB of ADC in SPartan 3E starter kit.

The allowable voltage range of these pins is given in table 10-2 of http://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/boards_and_kits/ug230.pdf

Regards,

Krishna 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark the post as "Accept as solution" if the information provided answers your query/resolves your issue.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful.
Capture.PNG
0 Kudos
Adventurer
Adventurer

Hi Krishna,

Yes, I am taking about VINA and VINB input toAnalog circuiary in Spartan 3E. Thank you, I went throught ug230 guide. As per the guide the minimum input voltage to preamplifier is 0.4V, is it?   My analog voltage varying from 260mv to 285 mv, do  I need to amplify my signal before giving to preamplifier,I am right? 

thanks

kathy

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi,

Since the minimum allowed voltage for VINA/VINB is 0.4V, you may need to amplify your signal.

Regards,
Krishna
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark the post as "Accept as solution" if the information provided answers your query/resolves your issue.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful.
0 Kudos
Adventurer
Adventurer

Thanks krishna, let me try it.

0 Kudos
Adventurer
Adventurer

Hi 

In the spartan3e boards with build in ADC circuit  and with gain of-1 and Vin as 1V, then ouput will be 4259 as per equation ; D[13:0] =Gain x((Vin-1.65V)/1.25V )X 8192. I am getting this result, but how can I retrieve back my orginal input voltage (1V)? 

Thank you

kathy

0 Kudos