UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Explorer
Explorer

Xilinx Platform cable 2 not detected

Hello,

I was using xilinx platform cable USB 2 previously for many days in my windows 7 ultimate system. It was working properly. Now I switched to a desktop with windows 7 professional. Now when I plug in the debug cable in chipscope as I try to connect i get:

ERROR:No devices detected while scanning the JTAG chain
ERROR: Failed detecting JTAG device chain
ERROR: Opened Xilinx Platform USB Cable but failed to detect JTAG Chain.

In impact as I try to initialize chain I get:

A problem may exist in the hardware configuration. check that cable, scan chain and power connections are intact ,that specified scan chain configuration matches actual harware and that power supply is adequate and delivering correct voltage.

I checked in device drivers that Jungo driver installed properly. Also I tried reinstalling from ug344_windows.zip. But error persist. Suggest me some remedy.

With regards

Shalini

0 Kudos
15 Replies
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: Xilinx Platform cable 2 not detected

Have you checked if this helps
http://www.xilinx.com/support/answers/22160.html

Please try as per below generic debug tips also

1) Verify JTAG daisy chain connections as per configuration guide recommendations

2) Verify voltages (VCCINT, VCCAUX and VCCO(CONFIG bank)) as per data sheet recommendations

3) Verify the JTAG connector signals and VREF voltages per configuration guide example connections diagrams

4) If possible change Cable and try once

5) Scope the JTAG signals and send it for review
Thanks and Regards
Balkrishan
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark the post as an answer "Accept as solution" in case it helped resolve your query.
Give kudos in case a post in case it guided to the solution.
0 Kudos

can you try to follow the AR and re-install the cable drivers with -compat option mentioned

https://www.xilinx.com/support/answers/44397.html

0 Kudos
Explorer
Explorer

hello,

Thanks for reply. I have tried reinstalling the drivers as per post. The cable wes able to connect once for first time. But after that it is again not functioning...Please help

With Regards

Shalini

0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

You may want to check if you have some other software on this machine that is utilizing the Jungo driver and causing issues. 

- Giri
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
There's no such thing as a stupid question. Feel free to ask but do a quick search to make sure it ain't already answered.
Keep conversing, give Kudos and Accept Solution when you get one.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Explorer
Explorer

Hello,

This is a new system. Other than basic softwares , only ISE tools and NI Labwindows CVI is installed. As far as I know CVI dont use JUngo drivers. Suggest a method to solve this..

With Regards

Shalini

0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Did your issue solved? If ‘Yes’ please mark the particular post which is more helpful to you and close the forum thread in the interest of other users. That will encourage us and helps us to improve our services 

If not please let us know which query not yet addressed/clear for you. We will try to help

Please mark this post as an "Accept as solution" in case if it helped to resolve your query. So that it will help to other forum users to directly refer to the answer.

Give kudos to this post in case if you think the information is useful and reply oriented.

0 Kudos
Explorer
Explorer

Hello,

My issue is not yet solved. The cable is not detected in my PC properly. Error exists. Windriver is not used by other applications.

0 Kudos
Explorer
Explorer

Hello,

My issue is not yet solved and I am frustrated chasing same issue for weeks. Please help.

As I have said before , I am using a new PC with Windows 7 professional. My cable is latform Cable USB 2 Model : DLC10. The PC was also not detecting many other Drivers and libraries from other manufacturers like FTDI and numato . But they found solution for their issue and now I am using those products. The root cause of the problem they found was related to USB 3.0 compatibility issue. The expectation in registry settings for USB 3.0 is

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Enum\USB\ROOT_HUB30 to follow on for 3.0.

But instead it is following in pre Windows 8:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Enum\IUSB3\ROOT_HUB30

which is causing problem.

Is any similar errors occuring in Xilinx case also. Please confirm and come up with solution like other labs. We customers cant find solution to Xilinx drivers malfunction in our system.

With Regards

Shalini

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Scholar pratham
Scholar

sha@hys Can you please check this?

https://forums.xilinx.com/t5/Welcome-Join/Xilinx-Platform-Cable-USB-Model-DLC9G-Connectivity-issue-solved/m-p/743152#M42565

-Pratham

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Please check below Answer Records & user guide. The information may help to get debug clue for your case

https://www.xilinx.com/support/answers/20429.html 

https://www.xilinx.com/support/answers/47890.html 

Also refer https://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/user_guides/ug344.pdf 

If still problem exists please scope JTAG signals and share scope shots

Please mark this post as an "Accept as solution" in case if it helped to resolve your query. So that it will help to other forum users to directly refer to the answer.

Give kudos to this post in case if you think the information is useful and reply oriented.

0 Kudos
Explorer
Explorer

Hello,

None of the links point to any document . I will share scoped JTAG signals in few days as I am on leave for 2 days.

With regards

Shalini

0 Kudos
Explorer
Explorer

Hello,

Attached is the shots from my CRO probing the JTAG signals. My cable is Platform Cable USB ii DLC10.

Chan 0 : GND

Chan 1 : VREF

Chan 2 : TMS

Chan 3 : TCK

Chan 4 : TDO

Chan 5 : TDI

I am seeing bounce even in ground signals.  Please verify image and say what I should do to connect cable properly.

With regards

Shalini

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Explorer
Explorer

Hello ,

Please don't refer  folder attached in previous mail.It was wrong . Actually when I connect I get green LED in DLC10 lit completely. But none of the signals are showing variation . Everything is logic high except the  Channel 2 TCK which is showing some spikes in inconsistent format. The threshold selected is CMOS 2.5 V. Attached is the screenshot.

Chan 0 : VREF

Chan 1 : TMS

Chan 2 : TCK

Chan 3 : TDO

Chan 4 : TDI

With Regards

Shalini

scope_1.bmp
0 Kudos
Explorer
Explorer

Hello,

Please give a reply. Is the threshhold I have selected correct? Please update on this.

With Regards

Shalini

0 Kudos
Explorer
Explorer

0 Kudos