UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Visitor pipi
Visitor

config fpga from platform flash prom

I  have a Spartan 3E-starter board. I downloaded my designs successfully in to the FPGA by iMPACT. 

I tried to download to the Xilinx platform ROM xcf04x by the instructions in user manual. iMPACT states "Program succeeded", but done-led won't light up.why?

the model pin is 000(MS),

promgraming file configation rate : 25

FPGA start up clk:CCLK

before program to prom ,I check the Verify  and  Erase the entire device .

thanks for you answers,

pipi.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Instructor
Instructor

Re: config fpga from platform flash prom

In the programming options for the PlatformFlash, there should be a checkbox

titled "Program FPGA".  If it is not checked, you will program the flash but not

actually use it to program the FPGA until you somehow either power-cycle the board

or assert PROG_B low.  Some starter kits have a button that asserts PROG_B.

If yours doesn't you can try power off / on, or else make sure you have checked the

"program FPGA" box in the Flash programming options.

HTH,

Gabor

-- Gabor
0 Kudos
Visitor pipi
Visitor

thanks for you responce!

I  push the button that asserts PROG_B,but  the  done led  dose not lighted up .And  the“program  FPGA”have been checked .

I hope that it`s not my  board porblem .

pipi

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Explorer
Explorer

Hey

I search a kind of programm my spartan 6 I have a file bitsream and application in c language I want programme the  spartan 6 's flash. Idon't know hpw I can do with the tools of Xilinx of 14.4 or 14.2. I want load the files .bit and .elf and the system is standalon. When the supply cut the system can lauch the .bit and .elf Do you can help me ?  
Best Regards. 
Tags (1)
0 Kudos