cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
iceinsky
Observer
Observer

constraint about LVDS ports

Hi, i have a disign in lx150 in spartan family , there are some LVDS ports used on the pins of chips,i have read the datasheet of constaint about lvds,but i have not got a example about  how to add constaint to source synchronous signals ,so that i wil show my ports , and need some help about how to add a good constraint

there 3 pairs in the port ,including 2 pairs of clock lines and one pair of data lines ,.one frame  synchronous clock  which is 50MHz, one data captured clokc which is 300 MHz. also the data lines 300MHz ,

the data lines and frame synchronous  clocck are synchronous  with the same phase , the data captured clock hava a 0.83ns delay after them.

so could you show me how to add constaint to  them.

that is all, thanks

0 Kudos
4 Replies
iceinsky
Observer
Observer

Does anybody kown how to add a constraint to lvds source synchronous input ?

0 Kudos
ywu
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

I assume you're asking about the offset in constraints for the interface. It's the same for LVDS source synchronous interface as any other interface. You can take a look at the blog below for some examples:

http://myfpgablog.blogspot.com/2009/09/offset-in-constraints-on-diff-inputs.html

Cheers,
Jim
0 Kudos
pml
Visitor
Visitor

Hello Jim,

From the link :

" When the OFFSET IN constraints are specified with input nets,  they are simply ignored by the timing analyzer in ISE 11.3 (see UCF constraints and TA snapshot below):
This is probably caused by a bug in TA. As a workaround, the OFFSET IN constraints can be also specified with TIMEGRP and the tool will correctly analyze the timing constraint (see the UCF constraints and TA snapshot below)"

I guess this has been fixed with latest version of ISE ?

Thanks.

Philippe.

0 Kudos
ywu
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Thanks for the follow-up. Just verified in IDS 12.4 the bug has been fixed. I also updated the blog. I should have done this earlier, but it's better late than never.

@pml wrote:

Hello Jim,

From the link :

" When the OFFSET IN constraints are specified with input nets,  they are simply ignored by the timing analyzer in ISE 11.3 (see UCF constraints and TA snapshot below):
This is probably caused by a bug in TA. As a workaround, the OFFSET IN constraints can be also specified with TIMEGRP and the tool will correctly analyze the timing constraint (see the UCF constraints and TA snapshot below)"

I guess this has been fixed with latest version of ISE ?

Thanks.

Philippe.

Cheers,
Jim