UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Visitor beks
Visitor

multiboot designs order in Spartan 6

Hello everybody;

I would like to ask a question about the order of the configuration files in the multiboot memory file(mcs). In my project, I am creating two design files to use as a multiboot designs. One of the designs has a golden bitsream address (no next config address), and the other one has a next_config_address(no golden design address). While I am creating my memory file, if I locate the design which has golden address, to 00 point and the design which has next.config_address in the middle of memory; I can program my SPI memory without any problem. However if I locate the design which has next_config_address to the starting of memory and the design which has golden_design_address into the middle of the memory than I the SPI is not programmed and it says  "check your config setup".

What can be the reason of unsuccessful programming of SPI?

P.S. my board is SP605

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: multiboot designs order in Spartan 6

It might be helpful if you provide *.prm file each.

Thanks
Simon
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Observer eemeli
Observer

Hi, could you also sent BitGen scripts with options for both designs?

Rgds,

Janne

0 Kudos
Visitor beks
Visitor

Hi,

I was not using scripts, I was using the bit-gen options in ISE. In examinations with my collegues, we found out that, somehow, sometimes the read command for memory is not included to the header of the design files and this is the reason of the problem. In bit-gen options, when we write both read command and next address like (03300000 = 03 read command, 300000 next address)  then the problem is solved.

Thanks for your interest.

0 Kudos