Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Observer
Observer

reset problem!!!

hi

i'm using a spartan3E baod to test my design. actually my design is a form of a platform monoprocessor with mips processor and some targets. the mips compares between to values: if those values are equal, so the mips must turns on two LEDs on the board and "succes" is sent via an uart,else, juste one LED must be lit and "echec" is sent on the screan.

so when i make a reset, every thing works correctly, but the problem is: when i make a reset an ather time, leds are maintained on the last state, and on the screen, there is no succes or echec, but juste one symble is maintained for exemple ssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss is written infinitly.

i don't know what is the problem;i don't think that is a problem of my design because when i set reset the first time, every think works correctly!!

thank you in advance

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Martur,

You may consider incorporating chipscope into the design to debug what data is being compared and to monitor signals and reset are operating as you expect.  The nice thing about chipscope is it operates on a running design, so it's real data.

Regards,

Jon

0 Kudos