UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Visitor mkjaswal
Visitor

trying to build a hardware profiler for c codes input to microblaze (spartanEDK). Not able to understand the flow through different xilinx softwares, whichever involved.Please help.

Hi all,

I am trying to build a hardware profiler (verilog), to interface at the output of microblaze.

The FPGA kit will take the c code as input and and i need to observe the machine code generated as an output from microblaze (may be from its trace signals), and use them as input to my profiler for further calculation.

Please help me, with the flow and which all xilinx softwares will be involved in the flow.

Thank You.

MKJ
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Scholar u4223374
Scholar

Re: trying to build a hardware profiler for c codes input to microblaze (spartanEDK). Not able to understand the flow through different xilinx softwares, whichever involved.Please help.

I'm not totally sure what you're trying to do, but that doesn't matter for one of your questions. The Xilinx tools you'll need are either ISE (for the Spartan 6 and earlier chips) or Vivado (for the 7-series and newer chips). Both have free WebPack versions available, as long as you use a suitable chip.

0 Kudos
Visitor mkjaswal
Visitor

Re: trying to build a hardware profiler for c codes input to microblaze (spartanEDK). Not able to understand the flow through different xilinx softwares, whichever involved.Please help.

thanks for the reply

i figured out that i need to use XPS with SDK or alone Vivado will do.

As i am getting errors in Vivado, I choose to work in XPS and SDK.

Any clue how to see output on XMD, coz I have tried a lot but only getting on console or sdk terminal.

can we use chipscope for it??

I am starting with basic projects

MKJ
0 Kudos