UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Visitor ece496
Visitor

xapp495 edid question

Hi,

I've exhausted all avenues including forums, datasheets etc and still can't find a solution. I'm working on a video processing algorithm the ATLYS board on HDMI. I used the XAPP495 reference design to create a working version of the design. However, it only works with my WDTV media player. When i connect it to my laptop, i don't see any link detection. I think i've read all the forums on this topic and still haven't found a solution. I followed @joelby advice here. I'm using HDMI DDC pass-through and have set the corresponding pins in the FPGA to high impedance as suggested in the link.

for e.g.

NET "HDMIIN1SCL" LOC = M16;
NET "HDMIIN1SCL" PULLUP;
NET "HDMIIN1SCL" IOSTANDARD = LVCMOS33;

Now, i am able to detect the monitor on my laptop and can even change the resolutions but i don't see any video appearing on the monitor. The LEDs = {rx0_red_rdy, rx0_green_rdy, rx0_blue_rdy, rx0_de} are on, so i think the video coming in is fine. Not sure what i can do to get video out? I am assuming my constraints setup for DDC is slightly off.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Visitor aliaslam
Visitor

Re: xapp495 edid question

HI,

I am facing the same issue. Did you get it working. Please let me know also.

Many thanks

Ali

0 Kudos