UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

Indirect SPI Programming Failed

Highlighted
Visitor

Indirect SPI Programming Failed

Hello,

I am having trouble programming using iMPACT the XC3S200A with a W25X40CL flash chip. I am using Indirect SPI Programming and below is my error log.

Thank you for your help,

David

PROGRESS_START - Starting Operation.
'1': SPI access core not detected. SPI access core will be downloaded to the device to enable operations.
INFO:iMPACT - Downloading core file C:/Xilinx/14.7/ISE_DS/ISE/spartan3a/data/xc3s200a_spi.cor.
'1': Downloading core...
LCK_cycle = NoWait.
LCK cycle: NoWait
done.
'1': Reading status register contents...
INFO:iMPACT:2219 - Status register values:
INFO:iMPACT - 0000 0000 0000 0000
INFO:iMPACT:2492 - '1': Completed downloading core to device.
INFO:iMPACT - '1': Flash was not programmed successfully.
PROGRESS_END - End Operation.
Elapsed time = 0 sec.

Xilinx Employee

Re: Indirect SPI Programming Failed

Hi @davidgoldy91,

It seems there is some hardware issue on the SPI interface, and the device code is not checked at all.

Thanks

Simon

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful.Mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if it solve or answer your question
Visitor

Re: Indirect SPI Programming Failed

Hi @simon

Thanks so much for your reply.

I set the XIL_IMPACT_SKIPIDCODECHECK to 1 since the flash chip I'm using (W25X40CL) isn't listed by iMPACT.  Maybe that is the reason why this issue is appearing? The W25X40CL should be functionally identical to the M25P40 flash chip. Would you advise setting this flag to 0? The FPGA itself programs successfully but the indirect programming of the SPI flash seems to fail outright. 

Thank you again,

David