UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

Spartan 3ADSP1800 board issue

Visitor

Spartan 3ADSP1800 board issue

Hi all,
Most of the testing I did for this was with PetaLinux, but it seems to also effect the default project, so I figure I'll post here in case someone can help me diagnose it.

I had PetaLinux happily running on my board for a bit, but I had to run some non-PetaLinux tests and after I went back, now the board doesn't boot to U-boot and the test app is also behaving strangely with similar behavior.  The last line I get from FS-Boot is "FS-BOOT: Booting image..." and from the test project " Reading : 0x20000000".  I didn't do anything too special in between, just some VHDL test projects to learn VHDL better.  Output below.  I am using Spartan 3ADSP1800 development board and all jumpers should be in their default positions.  I tried rebuilding a simple test project following the steps on the website and also tried the pre-built project and neither is working.  It goes into kermit and eventually says something about transmission errors, presumably because it never made it to U-Boot.  My thought is something is lingering in the flash that FS-Boot or U-Boot is finding and I was reading about bulk erasing the flash.  Is this maybe the culprit or did something maybe happen to my board?  Although I've never burned a new FPGA ROM, I have changed some of the flash stuff when working with PetaLinux, potentially corrupting the startup FPGA image.  In the boards user guide they had a link to the board info page that was suppose to contain the initial bitstream, but the only project I can find is the filter reference design.

Any help is much appreciated please let me know if you need more information.  Thanks!

John

Test app output:
[H=====================================================================

/ /\/                                                   
            \ \       Xilinx Spartan3A DSP 1800A                    
            / /       Hello World and Board Bringup Test            
            \_\/\                                                   

=====================================================================

Walking the LEDs

Counting on the LEDs

Reading the DIP Switches
 SW3 = 0x0

Testing a region of DDR2 SDRAM
 Testing : 0x20000000 - 0x20ffffff
 Writing pseudo-random data...0x20fd8000
 Reading : 0x20000000
(nothing more)

petalinux: petalinux-v0.40-rc4.  I will upgrade to -final if PetaLogix
gives me a download link.
ISE/EDK: EDK 10.1 with latest updates.  I think only ISE web pack is
installed if that matters.
Host OS: Cent OS 5.3  base operating system,  most updates applied

FS-boot output:
=================================================
FS-BOOT First Stage Bootloader (c) 2006 PetaLogix
Project name: Xilinx-S3DSP1800A-Rev1-MMU-edk101
Build date: Feb 11 2010 16:00:13  FS
Serial console: Uartlite
=================================================
FS-BOOT: System initialisation completed.
FS-BOOT: Booting from FLASH. Press 's' for image download.
FS-BOOT: Waiting for SREC image....
FS-BOOT: Image download successful.
FS-BOOT: Warning image location differ from default boot location. Image
will not boot automatically after POR.
FS-BOOT: Press 'n' to boot old image.
FS-BOOT: Use new image.
FS-BOOT: Booting image...
(nothing more)