UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Visitor jose_rocha
Visitor

problem with LTC2624 DAC (Spartan 3E starter Kit)

Hello:Please help solving the following problem with LTC2624DAC (Spartan 3E starter Kit)Problem:The LTC2624 Digital to Analog Converter (DAC) on S3e kit always outputs zero on SDO Line.  However the DAC receives the word data correctly, because its analog output has a fine voltage. I’m sending two (three, four) times, the same data word but the SDO signal is always zero.Dos anyone can help?  (Please note that the N10 FPGA pin  is shared with the ADC-LTC1047.  Is the LTC2624 SDO line a tri-state output?) Thank you very much.

jose rocha

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Historian
Historian

Re: problem with LTC2624 DAC (Spartan 3E starter Kit)

jose_rocha wrote:
Hello:Please help solving the following problem with LTC2624DAC (Spartan 3E starter Kit)Problem:The LTC2624 Digital to Analog Converter (DAC) on S3e kit always outputs zero on SDO Line.  However the DAC receives the word data correctly, because its analog output has a fine voltage. I’m sending two (three, four) times, the same data word but the SDO signal is always zero.Dos anyone can help?  (Please note that the N10 FPGA pin  is shared with the ADC-LTC1047.  Is the LTC2624 SDO line a tri-state output?) Thank you very much.

jose rocha

From the LTC2624 data sheet: "The serial output of the shift register appears at the SDO pin. Data transferred to the device from the SDI input is delayed 32 SCK rising edges before being output at the next SCK falling edge."

So you need more clocks.

-a

----------------------------Yes, I do this for a living.
0 Kudos
Visitor jose_rocha
Visitor

Dear bassman59 :Thanks for your replay, but it doesn’t work. I was aware of the 32 SPI clock cycles delay.  However any other suggestion is welcome. Best regardsJose Rocha
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Visitor shahradp
Visitor

I think if you have correct voltage output based on digital input, then you have to see  signals on SDO after 32 Clk. I have the design that does it and can see SDO signal.
0 Kudos
Visitor iremy
Visitor

I cannot see neither the analog output nor the SDO (they are always 0). I used the behavioral simulation to observe the output pins of the DAC. I use 1us delay between each transaction and the data flow seems correct.

Can you please heIp me?

I can send my code if you want.

Thanks in advance,

İrem 

0 Kudos

i am trupesh vasoya and i am new in fpga..currently i working with dac on spartan 3e kit..but i don't have any output on any channel ..plz help me ...i am working in vhdl...so plz help me or send your code..thank you very much and wait for positive response....

0 Kudos