cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

14.6 ERROR : Xst Loop has iterated more than 64 times : Use "set -loop_iteration_limit XX" to iterate more.

Hi everyone,

I had a problem when I try to synthesis a design of bram_controller, the top level model file is attached, the ERROR is "ERROR:Xst - "files/bram_controller.v" line 17: Loop has iterated more than 64 times : Use "set -loop_iteration_limit XX" to iterate more."

I have tried all the method online, such as change the loop iteration number and use "xst -ifn changed_name.xst" to synthesis it, but the program have run 20 hours and have no results.

If anyone who had this problem please tell me how to sovle it or tell me why I had this problem.

This is my email:   microideax@gmail.com

PS: I can use Quartus to implement this code, after modified several multi-driven issues.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Highlighted
Professor
Professor

Re: 14.6 ERROR : Xst Loop has iterated more than 64 times : Use "set -loop_iteration_limit XX" to iterate more.

Here's line 17 as I count them:

input wire  [`NUM_BRAMS - 1: 0 ]                       core_bram_we,          // when FCUDA core writes BRAM

Maybe you forgot to declare NUM_BRAMS or have it set to zero?  What would the synthesizer do with:

input wire  [ - 1: 0 ]                       core_bram_we,          // when FCUDA core writes BRAM

-- Gabor
0 Kudos