Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Adventurer
Adventurer

2 questions about partisions

Hello everyone.

I am currently working on a project which i will describe. I have a vhdl source code (eg the bft core from the Planahead examples) and I synthesize and implement it using Planahead. Then, I analyze it using a tool I developed and I find some signals that control the paths. After that, I want to add some logic to the above circuit but it is crusial for me the previous design to remain exactly the same. I tried doing that with partisions. However, I faced some problems.

1) Planahead does not allow me to set as partision all primitives used (muxes and latches). I want, however, all of them to remain unchanged. So, how can I lock these primitives, too? Is that possible?

2) How can I make my two partisions (supposing that the added logic is a new partision) interact?

I read some of Xilinx's tutorials but I found them too unfathomable for me to understand.

Any simpler tutorial or example would be highly appreciated.

Please let me know if you need more information about my project.

Thanks a lot,

Peter 

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted

Hi @pesous,

Please go through the following tutorial
http://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/sw_manuals/xilinx14_7/PlanAhead_Tutorial_Partial_Reconfiguration.pdf

Thanks,
Arpan

Thanks,
Arpan
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Adventurer
Adventurer

It seems there is a problem with the Xilinx servers as I cannot download anything, even after google search. I hope it gets fixed soon.

Thanks arpansur, when I am able to download to, i will inform you

Edit: I read that tutorial. It is not exactly what I am looking for. I want to lock the entilre circuit (including primitives and nets), so that delays and timing remain the same.

0 Kudos