Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nadaumtimuj
Participant
Participant

AirHDL register array import in VIVADO

Jump to solution

I am using AirHDL to import IP to my vivado design. I am getting VHDL files from AirHDL. For a single register, it works fine on my project. But when I create a register array in AirHDL and then import it into my project, I receive the following error:

Port type 'slv32_array_t' is not recognized. Only std_logic and std_logic_vector types are allowed for ports. See the documentation for more details

Any solution? Thanks.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
richardhead
Scholar
Scholar

What are you trying to import it to? If you import the HDL as is, then you shouldnt have a proble, assuming you have slv32_array_t in a package somewhere. But if its as a block design then you need to remember you can only use basic types in the block design connections (std_logic, std_logic_vector and integer is about all that works).

View solution in original post

2 Replies
richardhead
Scholar
Scholar

What are you trying to import it to? If you import the HDL as is, then you shouldnt have a proble, assuming you have slv32_array_t in a package somewhere. But if its as a block design then you need to remember you can only use basic types in the block design connections (std_logic, std_logic_vector and integer is about all that works).

View solution in original post

nadaumtimuj
Participant
Participant

Yes, it is a block design. The AirHDL support team helped me to flatten the array in a wrapper which worked. Thanks.

0 Kudos