cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

Bug Report: Vivado 2018.2/2018.2.1: Synthesis with customized Distributed Memory Generator not possible

Hello community,

unfortunately I did not find an easy way to file a bug report, so I just post it in the forum and hope the right people will look into this issue.

The problem is that the synthesis of a customized Distributed Memory Generator at Version 8.0 Rev. 12 does not stop and fills up the RAM of my PC (6gb after 6 min). I tried this on Vivado 2018.2 and Vivado 2018.2.1

I have attached the project and a screenshot of the RAM usage.

I hope someone can look into this issue and resolve it, thanks!

With kind regards,

michawncarts

RAM_after_6min.PNG
0 Kudos
5 Replies
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi @michawncarts,

I tried to reproduce the issue with the test case you shared in Windows 10(Enterprise) with Vivado 2018.2.1 and found that the memory was not getting fill up. It was consistent at 468.6 MB. Please take reference from snapshot:

Capture.JPG

Thanks,

Raj.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi @michawncarts,

I reproduced the issue successfully, the synthesis is running continuously and if i check the synth_1 log it is showing empty.(Please take reference from snapshot):

12322.JPG

Will share the details to right channel and update you soon with the outcome.

Thanks,

Raj. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hi @michawncarts,

I have tried to synthesize your testcase and it passed as shown below. Though it took 2 hrs to run OOC. In synthesis RTL elaboration is taking long time of 2 hrs. 

passes.JPG

Regards,

hemangd

Regards,
hemangd

Don't forget to give kudos and mark it as accepted solution if your issue gets resolved.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

Hi @hemangd,

Thanks that you tried it!

How was your working memory use? Because one of the problems was, that I couldn't really use my PC anymore due to the high level of working memory use.

Sincerely,

michawncarts

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hi @michawncarts,

I can able to work with another Vivado sessions as well while running this OOC without any problem.

Try with another machine and check that you face the same issue or not. Make sure it has more RAM compare to your machine. 

Regards,

hemangd

Regards,
hemangd

Don't forget to give kudos and mark it as accepted solution if your issue gets resolved.
0 Kudos